07-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Match the 500g
Fuse and tape the 200gs
Bag and tag
Wire up to shunted slats on boards
Take to the field and spread out
Stake everything
Shoot the show

This was my process and some pics along the way poured all day during setup on shoot day but i was prepared (thanks dave for the knowledge) show must have been good the sheriff stopped to watch and was woo hooin during the show flashed his lights after the finale and sped off. Ill take that as a job well done in a state fireworks are illegal to use. Ill get the video up later in the week im just exhausted now. Lolhttp://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4250&stc=1

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 09:43 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4252&stc=1 bagged tagged and wired in? slats day b4

Big Worm
07-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Wow now thats a hell of a compliment form the Sheriff! Well done!

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 09:45 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4253&stc=1 spread out in the field

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 09:46 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4254&stc=1 staked down ready to connect slats in series

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Lol... You guys make me feel so much better. It's not just me that feels like I need to get better to die after putting on a show.

Sorry to hear it rained on you during setup, but it's good to hear that you were prepared. I hope the show went off without a hitch. Looking forward to the show video!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2019, 09:49 PM
4254 staked down ready to connect slats in series

Holy crap! Am I seeing this right? Do you stake each cake individually??

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Wow now thats a hell of a compliment form the Sheriff! Well done!

Yea i thought so too i was at the back of the property my heart sank when lights flashed but he sped off right after and i was like oh cool then after talking to ppl in the audience they filled me in that he was cheering show on from the road he could have flashed his lights and shut me down at anytime but he waited till it was over and left in a hurry

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Holy crap! Am I seeing this right? Do you stake each cake individually??

Yes sir my buddy and i pounded in over 600 stakes 3lb hammer really helps i always figure if cop shows up and sees the length went to for a safe show more likely to get a pass bu he was happy just to watch from the road i suppose

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2019, 09:57 PM
The cop was definitely cool about the whole thing! That's great.

Safety is paramount, no question about it. Having said that, you could have staked and taped 2 or maybe 3 together and saved yourself a ton of setup time. Just a thought.

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 10:01 PM
Had i think 2 500g cakes that went out midway likely from water running down after 1st shots going through bag and a couple 200g cakes that didn't go but other than that i was very happy considering i was soaked head to toe they did better than I did lol

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 10:03 PM
The cop was definitely cool about the whole thing! That's great.

Safety is paramount, no question about it. Having said that, you could have staked and taped 2 or maybe 3 together and saved yourself a ton of setup time. Just a thought.

Thats how I did finale cakes between my buddy and 1 staking only took a lil over 2 hrs 3lb hammer is taxing but speeds things up big time

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 10:08 PM
A few of the 200s taped and fused did them in the ac in the pop up sure helped lol

Jay_
07-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Did you get those double barrels this year? There were none in stock when I ordered.

I had 2 from last year that I shot in my show this year. 2? or not, those are in the top 2 of noab?s I have ever shot.

They don?t go quite as high as say wacky tobacky....but they break bigger than any non loaded color noab on the market. Perfect symmetrical breaks

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Did you get those double barrels this year? There were none in stock when I ordered.

I had 2 from last year that I shot in my show this year. 2? or not, those are in the top 2 of noab?s I have ever shot.

They don?t go quite as high as say wacky tobacky....but they break bigger than any non loaded color noab on the market. Perfect symmetrical breaks

Yea ive tried to get them past 2yrs n always sold out i ordered in February n made sure to got my 2 cases lol

joed2323
07-08-2019, 11:20 PM
What bags did you use and where did you get them?

They seem super thin and perfect for each cake

Sorry for being abscessed over your bags lol

Robbro097
07-08-2019, 11:33 PM
Walmart they came in bags of 30 kinda a grey tint and i think lilac scented lol i had sum the best smelling fireworks around they were the thinnest non clear bags i could find even the little 200g cakes like shocking pink and orange sky popped right thru them stretched tight

Mattp
07-09-2019, 07:07 AM
i had sum the best smelling fireworks around they were the thinnest non clear bags i could find even the little 200g cakes like shocking pink and orange sky popped right thru them stretched tight

HAHA!!! was gonna ask the same question... i know its been discussed alot on here.. but seeing the bags you used and knowing they worked for you helps with a visual..after this year and my rain issues, i may start doing the same method.. great setup and nice products/stash!!!

esgrillo
07-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Lol... You guys make me feel so much better. It's not just me that feels like I need to get better to die after putting on a show.

Sorry to hear it rained on you during setup, but it's good to hear that you were prepared. I hope the show went off without a hitch. Looking forward to the show video!

I hear you brother.... always feel the same... I sure get wound up tight on shoot day too. Working on my video. Show was good.

Robbro097
07-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Here the video i have of the shiw i hear theyrs better out theyr from ppl in the audience but haven't found yet i will share as i do. Camera was pointed a lil too high and missed the ground effects at the very end of vid u can hear the sheriff's sirens right b4 vid ends.
https://youtu.be/ef3aWga_xnI

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2019, 06:30 PM
I hear you brother.... always feel the same... I sure get wound up tight on shoot day too. Working on my video. Show was good.

OMG... I know what I do and I feel near death. I couldn't imagine putting in the time and effort you do. That's just insane. In a good way!! lol... It definitely shows in your show.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Here the video i have of the shiw i hear theyrs better out theyr from ppl in the audience but haven't found yet i will share as i do. Camera was pointed a lil too high and missed the ground effects at the very end of vid u can hear the sheriff's sirens right b4 vid ends.
https://youtu.be/ef3aWga_xnI

Very nice show!! Very little black sky. The crowd obviously loved it. Def need some work in the camera area, but (besides rain) that seems to be a recurring theme this year with our pyros. Including me!! lol...

Robbro097
07-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Yea i was pretty disappointed with the camera work i guess im going to have to do that myself, i had planned to this year but after set up ran long i didn't even care anymore i just wanted to start the show n gave cam n tripod to my brother i think next year will b a much smaller show update camera and add mods instead of as much pyro and more with single shot effects. Now that i have a bunch of leftover 1.4 pro stuff to experiment with throughout the year

Stormcrow
07-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Well done. Gotta love the sheriff shout out in Ohio. All that staking is a hard set up day wow.

Pyro Paul
07-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Well done, talk about bulldogged determination. That is first rate all the way! No wonder the sheriff applauded with his siren lol.

MontanaMike
07-09-2019, 11:08 PM
We usually start our field setup at about 7:00 AM to avoid the mid-day heat, but this year, cool weather prevailed, and rain was predicted to start at 8:00 and end by noon, so we decided to wait till noon to start. Then, the rain forecast kept getting moved back further in the day until it was eventually showing 90% chance of rain at 7:00pm and tapering off by 9:00. We briefly considered moving our show to the next day, but then we started looking at the Doppler radar and it looked like the rain was going north and south of us. So, with a 90% chance of rain staring us in the face we started setup at 3:30, with rolls of visqueen at the ready if needed. We finished setup at 9:30pm, 30 minutes before showtime. We never saw a drop of rain.

Robbro097
07-09-2019, 11:58 PM
Well done. Gotta love the sheriff shout out in Ohio. All that staking is a hard set up day wow.

Thanks the staking takes its toll but looks good and cakes dont budge at all

Robbro097
07-10-2019, 12:06 AM
Well done, talk about bulldogged determination. That is first rate all the way! No wonder the sheriff applauded with his siren lol.

Thanks it was a long day definitely a labor of love

Robbro097
07-10-2019, 12:08 AM
We usually start our field setup at about 7:00 AM to avoid the mid-day heat, but this year, cool weather prevailed, and rain was predicted to start at 8:00 and end by noon, so we decided to wait till noon to start. Then, the rain forecast kept getting moved back further in the day until it was eventually showing 90% chance of rain at 7:00pm and tapering off by 9:00. We briefly considered moving our show to the next day, but then we started looking at the Doppler radar and it looked like the rain was going north and south of us. So, with a 90% chance of rain staring us in the face we started setup at 3:30, with rolls of visqueen at the ready if needed. We finished setup at 9:30pm, 30 minutes before showtime. We never saw a drop of rain.

Seems like rains changed and or ruined alot of shows this year i knew weeks in advance to plan for rain i sware its rained nearly every day this year. Sounds like you got lucky