PDA

View Full Version : Type 4 Indoor Magazine and CA fireworks questions

Rocket501
07-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I live in the wonderful, but rather regulation heavy region known as the East Bay Area of California. I am currently working as an assistant for a local firework display company, but was thinking about trying for my own license. I was wondering if anybody could help me figure a few things out.

1. Due to land prices, I don't have the 150 foot radius necessary for a Type 4 outdoor magazine. I have been unable to find a commercial fireworks storage facility or magazine where I could rent space, so I was planning on building a Type 4 indoor magazine. However, the 50 pound limit is pretty tight for longer shows/displays. Are you allowed to have more than one Type 4 indoor magazine on your property if they are in separate sheds and store a full 50 pounds in each one? If so, do you know if there is a spacing requirement?

2. Right now, I am renting an apartment. Are you allowed to operate an Type 4 indoor magazine in a rented apartment if you have the landowner's permission? If not, would I be allowed to build one on my parent's land which is only about 10 minutes away if I secure their permission?

3. Does anybody know if any firework companies ship fireworks (1.4G aerial reloads and/or 1.3G display fireworks) to licensed operators in California? I've called most of the big online retailers, which have told me that they do not.

4. If I end up having to go down and legally purchase and transport fireworks from Nevada, am I allowed to store type 1.4G fireworks outside of a magazine?

I've spent the last few weeks trying to find the answers to these questions by reading our state's and federal fireworks codes, but am still rather uncertain. I asked my boss at the display company, and he referred me here saying he didn't know the answers. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.