PDA

View Full Version : Well, 1st pyromusical in the books.

Pyromaha
07-07-2019, 09:08 PM
Expanded my cobra system as much as I could afford. Ended up with 2-36m's, 5-18m's, audiobox w/ a PA system, and of course the trusty 18r2.

I feel the show turned out pretty well considering....
I grossly underestimated the amount of setup time involved. Underestimated the amount of scab wire that needed run and how much time it takes. (Sent guys for spools of doorbell wire twice!😅)

I normally do most of the setup solo, but knew right away there was no way I could do it alone. Had to bring in my brother and a couple friends(complete rookies) to help get everything wired up. Gave them a crash course in series vs parallel, reading cue sheets, and cue labels.

So, even with 4 of us, the setup took right around 9 hrs. I was still wiring as the sun was disappearing and feeling a tremendous amount of pressure. 😬 Didn't have time to double check their work, cut tops of cakes, or get the gopro setup. It was that close...I completely relied on the 18r2 to tell me something was off and after final continuity checks, everything looked good.

All said and done...only had 1 cue not fire even though showing continuity and resulted in a bit of black sky. I also learned a little something about spacing flames and fountains.(had some accidental ignitions)

Those boys who had never fused or wired a firework in their life really saved my ass this year and they took a great amount of pride in how the show turned out. (Rightfully so) They definitely earned my trust moving forward.

Side note...no gopro left us with my bros cell phone footage. Kinda close, but not the worst Ive seen. Lol.

https://youtu.be/YfbMbR2u60w

Kooooou
07-07-2019, 09:30 PM
That was magnifico. I'm a huge fan of hanging willow barrages and those willows towards the end really hung. If you can share the name and brand please do if they are 1.4g. Thanks!

Pyro Paul
07-07-2019, 09:31 PM
That was pretty damn good. What did you use for the willows at the end? That was nice!

Pyromaha
07-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Willows canister shells, about 96 of them. Literally the only word on the package is Willows. Haha.

Pyro Paul
07-07-2019, 09:45 PM
I think I know what they are then and maybe where you got them... lol

Kooooou
07-07-2019, 09:46 PM
I know those shells, best willow shells out there. I couldn't get my hands on them in time before they sold out. Hard find, you're a lucky pyro.

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 11:27 PM
That was pretty damn good. What did you use for the willows at the end? That was nice!

what he said

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2019, 12:42 AM
Wow! Great job for a first time musical!! Loved the crossing effects and the willows too. You used a ton of fans too I see. Where did you get your products?

Pyromaha
07-08-2019, 07:31 AM
The bulk of the show came from a local distributor who carrys BIGs product line/ proline as well as their own brand. Few items from Ace Pyro as well.

PyroGyro
07-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Big Willow fan here. What brand cannister were the Willows?

Mattp
07-08-2019, 09:37 AM
seriously great job!!!! love the use of so many pro effects....im slowly using more and more of them myself.... but putting them in so many different areas of the show sure is ALOT of wiring!!!

Big Worm
07-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Great job Bro! Definitely repping the 402 the right way. Gotta be one of the best in Omaha.

Pyromaha
07-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Great job Bro! Definitely repping the 402 the right way. Gotta be one of the best in Omaha.

Yeah man...we may only have 3 days to light, but we go hard don't we. Haha

Pyromaha
07-09-2019, 08:26 AM
I appreciate the kind words gents. I have learned a TON since joining this community and while I may not post all that much, I assure you I am doing quite a bit of reading.

BeerGuyEd
07-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Great show. I also love the willows. I had a few willow shells in mine show but I did not do anywhere near the great pacing you had for your shells. Something to take into next year for me.