PDA

View Full Version : 2019 show and I was happy with it

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 04:58 PM
This was my most successful show. I had 304 cues and 240 mortars. Only 6 cakes 1 mortar and 6 mines didn't fire. 90% of my show was with Initiators. For the 6 cakes I forgot to wire one (ha). I struggled with continuity on one cue and after multiple replacement wires and in and out continuity I waved the white flag. The last four were all the same cake so might be something wrong with that cake. Luckily they were all 12 shot 5s finale cakes so their absence was hardly noticed. The six missing mines were all off the same module so assuming something happened to the module communication during the show.

This year I had two Gopros, a mavic pro drone, Nikon d750 camera and Ipad filming. Ipad footage looks terrible doesn't capture colors at all. The Gopros both cut their videos in half and for some reason I had corruption on the second file. I was able to recover the video but the audio was ruined which you can hear in the middle segment so I had to dub in my soundtrack over the whole show except the first song thunder struck was copyrighted by YouTube so that's why you can barely hear it. I really should have made more camera adjustments with the drone but got caught up in the show. Unfortunately my D750 cut out only 5 minutes in. It truly captures the colors better than any small cameras and IMO is the best way to film. Still had a lot of good footage.

Like all of you I love pyro but I've decided to take at least a year off. Public knowledge about the show has become too large and my shoot site can't manage 300 people. I had three other viewing locations and sent them the music to play when first mortar went off. Hopefully legality will change in Ohio. I've been doing this for 5+ years and have had no injuries or problems. Other than the usual pyro enthusiast complaint (from me) about this didn't go right. Thrilled I get to end on a high note. Thanks to Spirit of 76, pyrotalk, cobra, and all the voices of help and inspiration on here. (Ed, Rick, Paul, Matt, Dan double shout out)

https://youtu.be/Jdp8BTZD_yc

AxeElf
07-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Like all of you I love pyro but I've decided to take at least a year off.

'Cause you can quit any time you like... right?

...and yeah, that was definitely a good one.

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 05:23 PM
'Cause you can quit any time you like... right?

...and yeah, that was definitely a good one.

I'm going to watch your guys videos as my nicotine patch.

Kooooou
07-07-2019, 05:55 PM
Awesome show and drone footage! It's unfortunate cameras have the tendency to fail or cause user error when filming fireworks. Around fireworks, I've had issues with mics, mic selection (muted vids), lens covers, wrong resolution used, vids cutting short, fresh batteries dying too soon, and the list goes on and on. Yet they work so well when filming insignificant events like weddings, first born kids, and family vacations :cool:. Hope you return to the hobby after your 1 year break.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Wow! Damn nice show!! I'm going to watch it again when I get home (I can only get to You Tube at work through a VPN and it's slower than it needs to be) but it looked great! Love those fans. I see you like the go-getters. I used two cases of the R/W/B Go-getters in my finale this year. Loved the complimentary horsetail effects and what I think are mines, yes?

Great job!!

Pyro Paul
07-07-2019, 06:34 PM
That was just unreal, I like your taste in music! Take a year off from the big show but maybe just do a nice handlit show next year to relax. I'm about in the same boat you are (news travels fast). I had camera problems too, no video but I'm hearing who did get some so I might still get it posted yet. Thanks for sharing!

PyroGyro
07-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Wow what a show. Makes mine look like I just threw a bunch of dog $hit the air. :D Great synchronization and choices of fireworks and combinations of fireworks. I can't even imagine how much time and money goes into a show like this but too much for me. Btw, just an fyi there is no audio in your video from 13:13 to 14:05.

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=Yet they work so well when filming insignificant events like weddings, first born kids, and family vacations :cool:. Hope you return to the hobby after your 1 year break.[/QUOTE]

Beer spitting laughter

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Wow! Damn nice show!! I'm going to watch it again when I get home (I can only get to You Tube at work through a VPN and it's slower than it needs to be) but it looked great! Love those fans. I see you like the go-getters. I used two cases of the R/W/B Go-getters in my finale this year. Loved the complimentary horsetail effects and what I think are mines, yes?

Great job!!

Thanks rick. Yes mines. I do love the go getters effect but if I had a redo I would just do a colorful mine instead of a go getter mine. But I will always shoot a go getter case at some point in my show.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2019, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I didn't even mention the camera issues. I set up my Go Pro and started the app on my phone to try and adjust the camera to capture everything. The app refused to load the preview image. I tried resetting everything and re-syncing the phone and cam, nothing. So I did my best to bore sight it in and I prayed for the best when I reviewed the video.

I always have my daughter video the show with a hand-held camcorder. I gave it to her and she tried to start recording and got an error message. Something about the sim card not being recognized. This is the same cam and the same sim card I used last year at home and PGI. So I know the sim card is good. So my daughter takes it out of the camera to clean the metal contacts and poof!! She drops it on the grass. Oh, did I mention the grass wasn't ut yet this week, and the SIM card is a mico card? Yeah... So here we are at show time, 5 people with camera lights and flashlights looking for a micro SIM card in 6" of grass. Needless to say we never found it. I got lucky with the Go Pro. Why does everything have to be so damn difficult?!?!

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 07:15 PM
That was just unreal, I like your taste in music! Take a year off from the big show but maybe just do a nice handlit show next year to relax. I'm about in the same boat you are (news travels fast). I had camera problems too, no video but I'm hearing who did get some so I might still get it posted yet. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Paul. The only reason my crowd could hear music the last two years is because of you. Hope you find some footage that was me last year. Only real video was a 3 d cam from a friend directly in the center of firing. Cool but not what I wanted.

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 07:17 PM
Wow what a show. Makes mine look like I just threw a bunch of dog $hit the air. :D Great synchronization and choices of fireworks and combinations of fireworks. I can't even imagine how much time and money goes into a show like this but too much for me. Btw, just an fyi there is no audio in your video from 13:13 to 14:05.

Thanks and double thanks must have been my changes when I made corrections for YouTube.

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 07:22 PM
I’m with you rick we have similar shows and problems. By the time you get done setting up you are exhausted and camera let alone for you R2 problems are unbearable by that point.

Pyro Paul
07-07-2019, 08:07 PM
I?m with you rick we have similar shows and problems. By the time you get done setting up you are exhausted and camera let alone for you R2 problems are unbearable by that point.

I think we all have that problem lol

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2019, 08:20 PM
I think we all have that problem lol

All I can say is it appears the we are all much better with pyro than we are with recording technology!

Personally... I'm okay with that! :cool:

PYRODAN
07-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Stormcrow, since we are both in Ohio, you are officially invited over to my place next year. You don't even have to help set up. LOL maybe I can get more than 25 people to show up next year. Awesome show!

robdog
07-07-2019, 08:47 PM
Nice show. Good job!

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 11:17 PM
Stormcrow, since we are both in Ohio, you are officially invited over to my place next year. You don't even have to help set up. LOL maybe I can get more than 25 people to show up next year. Awesome show!

by that time I will be in full withdrawal. I'm not sure I would be much help. I would be like a kid in a candy store. Hopefully you are in northwest ohio.

PYRODAN
07-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Edinburg Ohio, In Portage county.

Stormcrow
07-07-2019, 11:31 PM
I'm in Defiance ohio 3 hrs is too far. I'll have to get my fix on everyones videos.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2019, 12:27 AM
Edinburg Ohio, In Portage county.

Oh wow! I could hope on route 44 from my mother's house and take it right down to where you live in about 45 min. I didn't realize you were that close.

Still a good poke from Tampa!! But if I ever get back that way.....

Pyro Paul
07-08-2019, 01:31 AM
Would be nice if we could all get together at some point in our hobby, we could do one heckuva show. :cool:

Jay_
07-08-2019, 06:35 AM
Ok so I watch a bunch of pyromusicals on YouTube, and that is one of the best that I have ever seen..if not the best.

Your timing, attention to detail, and effect selection were simply outstanding! You put a ton of work into that script, as well as picking out your effects.

Great job!!!!

Stormcrow
07-08-2019, 07:16 AM
Would be nice if we could all get together at some point in our hobby, we could do one heckuva show. :cool:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Stormcrow
07-08-2019, 07:22 AM
Ok so I watch a bunch of pyromusicals on YouTube, and that is one of the best that I have ever seen..if not the best.

Your timing, attention to detail, and effect selection were simply outstanding! You put a ton of work into that script, as well as picking out your effects.

Great job!!!!

Thank you. But I must admit concerning the script it is pretty easy using finale fireworks. I know most use cobra show creator and it sounds more tedious.

Mattp
07-08-2019, 09:22 AM
holy $h!t...amazing... even the bursts in the air perfectly synced up...and that use of paradise city..unreal... i hear ya about taking a year off... i definitely got a good dose of it this year.. but i doubt it will last me for too long...HAHAHA!!!.. and with the 4th being on a saturday next year.... the whole county may want to show up!!!

PyroGyro
07-08-2019, 12:10 PM
holy $h!t...amazing... even the bursts in the air perfectly synced up...and that use of paradise city..unreal... i hear ya about taking a year off... i definitely got a good dose of it this year.. but i doubt it will last me for too long...HAHAHA!!!.. and with the 4th being on a saturday next year.... the whole county may want to show up!!!

LOL @ knowing that the 4th falls on a Saturday next year. Good to know though right??

PYRODAN
07-08-2019, 12:28 PM
Oh wow! I could hope on route 44 from my mother's house and take it right down to where you live in about 45 min. I didn't realize you were that close.

Still a good poke from Tampa!! But if I ever get back that way.....

LOL I am surprised you know where Edinburg is. Most people in Ohio don't know where it is. Part of the reason I moved here.

BeerGuyEd
07-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Just a tremendous show all around. Great taste in music and in pyro.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2019, 04:51 PM

Agreed. It would be nice if Dave talked to his sportsmans club and set up a pyro talk shoot one year. We could all migrate up to Pa and have a good time blowing up the joint.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2019, 04:53 PM
LOL I am surprised you know where Edinburg is. Most people in Ohio don't know where it is. Part of the reason I moved here.

I never heard of it until I Googled it yesterday after you posted it! :cool:

Stormcrow
07-08-2019, 11:26 PM

OMG I didn?t know it was on a Saturday. Walking away just got ten times harder.

rfgonzo
07-09-2019, 12:35 AM
You should be proud, job well done...