PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Fireworks Show

robdog
07-07-2019, 12:32 PM
It rained most of the day and I only had a hour and a half setup time. My finale was ruined by the moisture (60 to 70 cans didn't light), but surprisingly only a few cakes failed to light. As wet as everything was, and as rushed as I was in the setup, it turned out ok. I'll try to post video when I can, but we had to use my wife's cell phone, and she missed some of the high breaks.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2019, 04:12 PM
Believe me when I tell you... I completely understand what it's like to build and shoot in the rain!! It's no damn fun. But, it's a hazard of the hobby.

Looking forward to the video!

robdog
07-07-2019, 09:28 PM
YouTube has been stuck at 0% processing for a couple hours on my vid. Not sure what's going on.

Kooooou
07-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Too many people uploading July 4 videos. Haha.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2019, 09:54 PM
YouTube has been stuck at 0% processing for a couple hours on my vid. Not sure what's going on.

I'd probably stop and try again then.

robdog
07-07-2019, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6dEDyUhS7U
I'm pleased with the show overall, but disappointed with the finale after all the work and not having it go off.

morrison2951
07-07-2019, 10:04 PM
Don't sweat it. All of us had issues with something or other in our shows. Bound to happen.

I had to hand light more than I expected myself. But from what I hear I pulled it off and nobody was any the wiser about it.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2019, 10:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6dEDyUhS7U
I'm pleased with the show overall, but disappointed with the finale after all the work and not having it go off.

Yeah... We've all been there my friend. Half of my finale didn't fire last year. It happens. It's frustrating. But, you got to move on. Use it as motivation for next year!

robdog
07-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Don't sweat it. All of us had issues with something or other in our shows. Bound to happen.

I had to hand light more than I expected myself. But from what I hear I pulled it off and nobody was any the wiser about it.

Yeah all the family, friends, and neighbors said it was my best yet. It just bothers me that I know what the finale would've looked liked, and it was super slow toward the end , but they didn't seem to care. I guess they enjoyed all the extra stuff I had to hand light after the video.

robdog
07-13-2019, 11:40 PM
Can anybody familiar with the cakes that AFW carries give me some advice? I want to get more cakes for next years show that have high and huge breaks like the cake Night Breaker. Anybody have suggestions? THANKS in advance, for any help.

Robbro097
07-14-2019, 12:00 AM
Daisy diamond is a good 1 with great hieght theyr 4/1 noabs holy moly khaotic kaboom and unstoppable have really nice hieght heard dday does but haven't shot it. Not sure if any have the same as night breaker but those come close. Night breaker is an amazing cake i still have 1 left saving for the right occasion def 1 of my favorites

PyroGyro
07-14-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm a little surprised that you guys don't have rain dates. I always do although I've been lucky and have not had to use them in like 5 years. On the other hand I can see situations in where rain dates are not possible so there's that...

robdog
07-15-2019, 02:19 PM
Daisy diamond is a good 1 with great hieght theyr 4/1 noabs holy moly khaotic kaboom and unstoppable have really nice hieght heard dday does but haven't shot it. Not sure if any have the same as night breaker but those come close. Night breaker is an amazing cake i still have 1 left saving for the right occasion def 1 of my favorites

THANKS! I had Holy Moly in the show but haven't tried the others. Holy Moly was close to the break size of Night Breaker, but no where near the height. Hopefully I'll be able to get 2 cases of Night Breaker next year, and try some of the others you mentioned.

Robbro097
07-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Night breaker really is a special cake afw hit it outta the park with that 1. It kinda looked like daves willow beach is of a similar size cake but no way i could say hieght or break but does look good on video