PDA

View Full Version : Is Phantom Premier membership any good?

PyroGyro
07-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Phantom sux, but I did find one particularly awesome cake that I used in my show this year and I'd like to reuse it next year. Right now they are offering BOG2 free, so I can get these cakes for like $40 a piece. Yeah it's still probably $10 more than similar cakes but this exact cake cannot be bought anywhere else. Phantom has a premier program for those that spend $400. What I am wondering is if this program adds anything? I mean, if they offer BOG2 free deals to anyone at various points in the year, does the Premier program offer anything better on top of that?

PYRODAN
07-07-2019, 10:23 AM
Just buy from B.J. Alan. Phantom's parent company. http://bjalan.com/

PyroGyro
07-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Just buy from B.J. Alan. Phantom's parent company. http://bjalan.com/

Wow Unreal. The prices at BJ Alan are less than the BOG2 prices from the main Phantom site, yet you don't have to be anyone special to purchase from BJ ALan other than to buy by the case? Thanks!

PyroGyro
07-07-2019, 12:50 PM
FYI apparently they do not ship. My only option was to pickup from warehouse in Ohio.

Fulliautomatix
07-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Phantom sux, but I did find one particularly awesome cake that I used in my show this year and I'd like to reuse it next year. Right now they are offering BOG2 free, so I can get these cakes for like $40 a piece. Yeah it's still probably $10 more than similar cakes but this exact cake cannot be bought anywhere else. Phantom has a premier program for those that spend $400. What I am wondering is if this program adds anything? I mean, if they offer BOG2 free deals to anyone at various points in the year, does the Premier program offer anything better on top of that?

As far as I can tell, the only 'benefit' is that you get on their mailing list and they send you a catalog, and coupons throughout the year. For me in GA, where Phantom has BOG2 year round, there's no *huge* benefit to their Premier membership. Although the few coupons they do offer are nice. For instance you can buy 1 cake at a reasonable price instead of having to buy 3.

PYRODAN
07-07-2019, 09:01 PM
FYI apparently they do not ship. My only option was to pickup from warehouse in Ohio.

Are you in Ohio? Because I am pretty sure they ship outside of Ohio. I work about a half hour from their warehouse, so I have never had anything shipped. (plus you can not ship fireworks to an Ohio residence.) But I know I saw the shipping part on the order page.

Kooooou
07-07-2019, 09:18 PM
I'm a Premier member. Their coupons for pyros like many of us, are close to worthless. For example, a 34.99 cake might go on sale for 14.99. That's still well above wholesale but for retail I guess it's a good deal...but they limit you to 1! I only shop there for effects I can't source elsewhere. I also try to support them as they do contribute the the fireworks cause locally but I won't buy something I don't need either.