PDA

View Full Version : My 2019 4th show

krayg
07-06-2019, 08:46 AM
I wasn't going to post it but thought it was so good in person. The camera was too close so you're not able to capture the full height and width of the show but you get the "meat" of it. It's my first pyro-musical and it was right on with what I wanted. Thanks to cptnding for the recommendations and logistics assistance.

It's funny...when you notify about 8 people about the show and 80+ show up blocking the road. :D

https://youtu.be/E7O6WDIm-XI

BeerGuyEd
07-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Very nice show. Easy to see why some many people would show up. Cptnding was a great help to me as well. Super nice guy.

krayg
07-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Very nice show. Easy to see why some many people would show up. Cptnding was a great help to me as well. Super nice guy.

Thanks. Yours was good also. Now that you're efiring you've got the bug. You'll end up like me buying cobra, an audiobox, and PA speakers in short order. Every year the audience demands more! :D Even though mine was fully scripted, I still missed some of it because I was too busy watching the fall-out.

PyroGyro
07-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Loved this show...the effect choices and composition were great. Liked the pacing and width too. I just started to get more serious about my shows and am getting a lot of good ideas from watching other people's shows. And like you I have to figure out how to properly video the show to capture everything. This show would've looked even better if the video captured everything.

AxeElf
07-06-2019, 02:11 PM
This is one of the better ones I've seen this year. I like that you edited your songs down to about 90 seconds each, which allows you to get more songs in the time frame and eliminates boring parts of the songs. I also like that you actually paid attention to the music in scripting and choosing fireworks that went along with them--not just lighting off random fireworks willy nilly while you played music. And the song choices themselves were apropos to the occasion, rather than just a playlist of your favorite songs. Finally, the finale was busy, but not overwhelming--I like that too. Sometimes I think people get too caught up in trying to just overdose on quantity in a finale, and all of the individual effects are lost in the chaos. I like to see effects that work well together, not just every effect going off at once--and you managed to do that pretty well.

Good job; glad you posted.

krayg
07-06-2019, 03:11 PM
This is one of the better ones I've seen this year. I like that you edited your songs down to about 90 seconds each, which allows you to get more songs in the time frame and eliminates boring parts of the songs. I also like that you actually paid attention to the music in scripting and choosing fireworks that went along with them--not just lighting off random fireworks willy nilly while you played music. And the song choices themselves were apropos to the occasion, rather than just a playlist of your favorite songs. Finally, the finale was busy, but not overwhelming--I like that too. Sometimes I think people get too caught up in trying to just overdose on quantity in a finale, and all of the individual effects are lost in the chaos. I like to see effects that work well together, not just every effect going off at once--and you managed to do that pretty well.

Good job; glad you posted.

I'm surprised you recognized the 90 second song limit I used. I literally spent months going back and forth making changes in cobra show creator to the products used and editing the song choices (over 25) to line everything up. The "stations" were too close together so some of it definitely looked a bit much to me since things were breaking so closely together. I realized the mortars in the finale were too many after I laid everything out on the site but I had already fused them so up they went. Skypuke it is...

Thanks for the critiques.

AxeElf
07-06-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm surprised you recognized the 90 second song limit I used. I literally spent months going back and forth making changes in cobra show creator to the products used and editing the song choices (over 25) to line everything up.

I don't have a Cobra, but I do something similar. I've been working on the show since February--casting a wide net of possible songs, editing the best ones down to show-appropriate length, then trying to pair them up with products that match their pacing and points of emphasis before I arrive at my final script and cue spreadsheet. I don't have a hard and fast 90 second limit, but it usually works out to something between 1 and 2 minutes by the time I get a verse and a couple of choruses edited together.