PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Finale Drone Footage

Fred Garvin
07-06-2019, 08:41 AM
A friend and I have been doing an annual fireworks display for friends and family for the last 17 or 18 years. Every year is a little bigger than the previous, both in terms of the crowd and the display. This year we had 1,100 lbs. of fireworks. Half our stock was lit by hand, starting with 200 gram cakes paired together, then 500 gram cakes, then 500 gram cakes paired together. Finally, we use half our stock for a 3 minute finale, firing it with a Cobra system. This year, we had some fusing issues on the finale, about 1/3 to 1/2 of our stock didn't fire, which was disappointing, but it still looked pretty good. It looked especially good from the vantage of a drone, which was flying just above the majority of the display. If you look at the bottom of the frame, you may notice the roof of a farm shed, which is near our launch point. Here's most of our finale from the drone's POV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBdtcSSfd9g

PYRODAN
07-06-2019, 08:50 AM
That was some pretty cool footage!

Fred Garvin
07-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Thanks, man. The drone operator said he was comfortable flying into the barrage because he wasn't using his #1 drone.

BeerGuyEd
07-06-2019, 09:57 AM
That is such cool footage. I found out a member of the pool flies his drone through fireworks. Of course I find this out about 5 minutes before the show so next year I will hopefully have some drone footage.

Fred Garvin
07-06-2019, 05:53 PM
This was the third year we had a drone filming our fireworks, but this year's footage was much better than earlier years.