PDA

View Full Version : My 4th of July display

PyroGyro
07-05-2019, 03:09 PM
https://youtu.be/SDiKSJjYd4Q

This was hand fused in one giant daisy chain. I'm happy with this show despite having a cake not light at the 1 minute mark and screwing up some of the timing at 6:20. Unfortunately the video didn't capture the really cool ground effects and some of the bigs that were exploding above everything either; it looked so much better than this video shows. The crowd loved it though and said my display was better than the towns....lol ok I'll take it. It should be better next year now that you guys turned me on to wholesalers. Probably going to go Cobra too and script the whole thing. This one was a lot of work, a painful amount of work. Pass the ibuprofen. :D

BeerGuyEd
07-05-2019, 03:38 PM
Great show. Nice pacing throughout and some good choices in the show.

AxeElf
07-05-2019, 04:09 PM
The crowd loved it though and said my display was better than the towns....lol ok I'll take it.

I got that comment too--that's why we do it, isn't it?--but I also think it's just because they are closer to a backyard display than they are to the professional display, so it seems more spectacular and fills more of the sky from their viewing angle. If we were shooting huge pro shells in the backyard, most of them would probably need new underwear.

Very impressive for a single daisy chain. I would have liked to see a little more synch with the music, but that's almost impossible with a single fuse display, after about the first 60 seconds, anyway. I'm sure you'll be able to be a lot more precise with the timing if you go to a firing system next year (this was my first year using one, and it helped a lot). Wholesale will help crank it up to 11 as well. Enjoy the offseason shopping!

PYRODAN
07-05-2019, 04:24 PM
Nice show, you cant go wrong with Ray Charles! Good pacing, especially for a one fuse show.

PYRODAN
07-05-2019, 04:24 PM
This one was a lot of work, a painful amount of work. Pass the ibuprofen.

Welcome to the club !!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-06-2019, 12:37 AM
Very nice show Sir! Your first two songs were bookends in my show last year! Very cool.

As for the painful amount of work thing... Like Dan said, welcome to the club buddy! I can hardly walk today, but it will get better tomorrow. :cool:

PyroGyro
07-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Very nice show Sir! Your first two songs were bookends in my show last year! Very cool.

As for the painful amount of work thing... Like Dan said, welcome to the club buddy! I can hardly walk today, but it will get better tomorrow. :cool:

Thanks! I just watched your 2019 show and it was fantastic. My favorite part was at 13:20. What exactly were you using there? A combination of Saturn missles and some sort of zipper cakes? I'd like to do something thing similar next year, the only thing I would change is I would put lots of bigger/higher shells over the top and not do the crackling cakes/mid level explosions behind it. Also, when you are using your Cobra, are you using scripts/set and forget? If not, why not?

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Thanks! I just watched your 2019 show and it was fantastic. My favorite part was at 13:20. What exactly were you using there? A combination of Saturn missles and some sort of zipper cakes? I'd like to do something thing similar next year, the only thing I would change is I would put lots of bigger/higher shells over the top and not do the crackling cakes/mid level explosions behind it. Also, when you are using your Cobra, are you using scripts/set and forget? If not, why not?

AT 13:20 you are seeing 2 cases of red, white, and blue go-getters, with 2 cases of humming snake finale, and 32 red, white and blue 140 shot roman candles. There's probably a few more things going on there too but without my script in front of me it's hard to say. I wanted to throw as much up as I could during the end of that song so when the 300 mortars went off, you couldn't see the sky!

All the low level stuff was there for a reason my friend. All designed for a specific purpose. Mainly, to support the song. It's all about the timing. Some was perfect, some was not. The good thing is I'm probably the only one who knows the difference.

The entire reason I bought the Cobra was because of the ability to script shows. So yes... I absolutely script everything. Adding an audo box and sound system just made it more fun!

Kooooou
07-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Nice show and great finale that compliments the body of your show. You also have very cool parents!

PyroGyro
07-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Nice show and great finale that compliments the body of your show. You also have very cool parents!

Thanks! Funny thing is I wasn't going to do a show this year but my parents, who are both in their 70's were really bummed out that I wasn't going to do it so they offered to pay for it. They are definitely cool.