PDA

View Full Version : Light a cake sideways ???

displayfireworks1
07-05-2019, 06:22 AM
There is country overseas it may be Norway but I am not 100% sure. They require that all fuse placement on Consumer Fireworks be placed in the same position directly on the top if the cake. In this video I was pleased to see the cake self corrected =. If you watch the entire video, you will hear him realize his mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CnmMxkzfF8

Fulliautomatix
07-05-2019, 09:26 AM
<facepalm>

This is why we can't have nice things.

Knightmare
07-05-2019, 09:44 AM
With things like this happening everywhere they will be illegal again soon.

patsy
07-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Un believable when so much progress has been made this guy like others who will give the use of consumer fireworks a bad name again simply has no repect for fireworks safety and safety of others what so ever. At the begining of this vid it appears that he has a child who is a minor with the item in het hands before he grabs it and randomely places it on the ground unsecured and sideways none the less. He must of been drunk and careless. What a jerk off for laughing at the end. If this cake did not correct itself that house would of suffered some fire damage or worse someone could of gotten hit with burning projectiles. You cant ban stupidity!!!!:mad:

patsy
07-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Sorry my correction, I looked at this video again and it appears that the young girl looked like she might have been the one to place the cake on its side. This guy was clearly not paying attention and just randomely lighting fuses without looking carefully. Some people should not be around fireworks period!!!

Fulliautomatix
07-05-2019, 10:02 PM
It kind of sounds like the guy has an accent, so like Dave mentioned in the first post, maybe he came from a countries where fuses are all on top. However, I do see a few smaller cakes littered around the cul-de-sac, so this shouldn't have been a surprise. Additonally, I've never seen a cake that wasn't bottom heavy either due to composition or factory weighting with sand/clay etc. Maybe they need to paint large glow in the dark "This end up" arrows on cakes now?!?

jamisonlm3
07-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Looks like we need to have "Top" and arrows indicating which side of the cake should be facing up now.