PDA

View Full Version : The stupidity has started

PyroGyro
07-04-2019, 06:52 AM
This story is local to me. I live in a state where it's illegal but I live on the NH border and shoot from my parents house in NH. This clown was building his own racks and all at the same time filling them with mortar shells as he went. This dude had mortar tubes and shells everywhere all around him while he was doing this. He said he thinks that spark from power tools set them off, the dink probably had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth at the same time too. Anyway, all of the local news stations are reporting that he was attempting to shoot "commercial" fireworks too, which is annoying considering the pics show the stuff was consumer grade.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/07/03/taunton-illegal-fireworks-middleboro-ave-fire/

Happy Independence Day! Be Safe!

PYRODAN
07-04-2019, 07:24 AM
And this is why we can't have anything nice.......

kxm62971
07-04-2019, 07:43 AM
I've noticed this here in Pennsylvania too. All the local news stations saying that the recent laws changed to allow people to buy "commercial grade fireworks". Makes me roll my eyes every time I hear it.

patsy
07-05-2019, 08:37 PM
This will always be the downside of fireworks. Unfortunately there are idiots out there who will always do things to harm themselves or others because those people lack basic common sense. They will hurt themselves with anything they get there hands on. Then on the other side of the spectrum we have the media which know squat about fireworks giving there biased comments. Politicians can ban certain things but you just cant control or ban stupidity and lack of typical common sense.

AxeElf
07-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Over 300 people each year in the United States alone are killed by toasters (with the total being over 700 a year worldwide). The relatively small number of fireworks horror stories every year (maybe a dozen?) are tragic, to be sure, but in quantity, they are insignificant in comparison--despite being sensationalized to the point of scaring parents and politicians everywhere into unwarranted restrictions. Toasters only WISH they were as safe as fireworks.