PDA

View Full Version : How does this happen?

rfgonzo
07-04-2019, 12:36 AM
I was shooting a new 200g cake tonight. (Breakthrough) by Raccoon fireworks. Cake was fantastic and I was liking it for the money, then all of a sudden a shot went off, came up 4 to 8 feet then did a complete 90 degree turn straight to my neighbors front porch. I've never seen this happen before. I examined the cake afterwards, there was no blow out through any sides and nothing to obstruct it or ricochet. So how could something like this happen?

NWA_Fireworks
07-04-2019, 02:55 AM
Weird. A loose tube maybe? Perhaps the lift charge launched the entire loose cardboard tube into the air, sending the tube tumbling in different directions but only a few feet up, as though the shell got stuck in the tube. Then as the fire passed into the middle of the shell, the effect ignited just as the tube was pointed 90 degrees. The explosion would have been funneled and directed whichever way the tube happened to be facing. Just a theory though!

Icooclast
07-04-2019, 04:00 AM
I was shooting a new 200g cake tonight. (Breakthrough) by Raccoon fireworks. Cake was fantastic and I was liking it for the money, then all of a sudden a shot went off, came up 4 to 8 feet then did a complete 90 degree turn straight to my neighbors front porch. I've never seen this happen before. I examined the cake afterwards, there was no blow out through any sides and nothing to obstruct it or ricochet. So how could something like this happen?

this happened to my friends and i YEARS ago. we were lighting fireworks and one goes off, flies right toward one of my friends and catching his shirt on fire. he was able to pat it out in a sec. with his hand. left a fist or so size burn mark in a nice shirt, though. i looked at it and couldn't find any holes in the sides of the tube, if memory serves. weird things happen in this world and not just relating to fireworks. "there is more in heaven and earth Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy" (Hamlet) William Shakespeare