View Full Version : Excalibur tubes very tight

jnugget
07-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Hey guys, was loading up my racks tonight and I have 8 tubes that were left over from last year. I screwed em to a board and started loading them but they won't drop all the way to the bottom. They stop at about where the fat collar at the bottom of the tube starts. I can get them seated if I really push them down, but they're very tight. I'm kinda leaning towards not using them. Even took off the wrapper and not much better. Anyone else have this problem? What do you think?

Fulliautomatix
07-03-2019, 09:40 PM
I've had snug excal tubes as well, I use a wooden kitchen spoon handle to push them all the way to the bottom. The shells came out all the same, no problemo.

Mattp
07-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Definitely use your judgement.. on how tight you think they are...and exactly how hard you have to wedge them in.. but, if you can get them seated on the bottom... they’ll come out

BMoore
07-04-2019, 12:04 AM
If you can get them in they will come out. Remember part of the width is the fuse. Once the fuse burns it won’t be nearly as tight.

NWA_Fireworks
07-04-2019, 02:57 AM
The tighter they are the higher they go. Until it’s too tight and blows up in the tube.

PYRODAN
07-04-2019, 06:54 AM
The tighter they are the higher they go. Until it?s too tight and blows up in the tube.

That, is funny!

Hmm, GIF's don't work in the forum.

jnugget
07-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Well, I decided not to use them. I think I'm gonna get a new rack to replace it next year. Thank you all for your input:cool:

lotsip
07-06-2019, 10:00 PM
Having the same problem.

stryper
07-07-2019, 09:54 PM
The HDPE swelled from the heat. Try running a 1-3/4" forstner bit, or drum sander bit, down them to clean them up. If you see any signs of stress cracks in the HDPE, internally, or externally, toss them.

BenB
07-09-2019, 03:05 AM
I had the same problem this year, I had some excal tubes from a couple years ago and the shells just wouldn't go all the way to the bottom. The saying "if it goes in, it will come out" is probably true and I trust the people who say that but if you're like me, I don't want to be the one to risk it. This year I decided to clean them out and a toilet brush with a little bit of water does the trick just fine. I cleaned mine out before our show on the 4th and they performed just like new.

Icooclast
07-09-2019, 07:36 AM
would the racks from pyroboom be better to use, since they don't have that weird layer around them? or would it be the same thing?