PDA

View Full Version : fellow Patrons

rfgonzo
07-02-2019, 01:26 AM
As we embark on to the Independence day celebration, Let not forget what it all means and how thankful we all should be. I for one will be starting out my show with one of the best songs ever.(God Bless the U.S.A) by Lee Greenwood,
Please let us know what your favorite patriotic song is for others to add to their list. Good Luck and be safe.

AxeElf
07-02-2019, 02:22 AM
I have this one scripted in this year (edited down to a 2:20 runtime).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7mKa1ClA6o

morrison2951
07-02-2019, 08:38 AM
The Boss- Born in the USA!

Mattp
07-02-2019, 11:36 AM
this year for the patriotic segment im using:
star spangled banner by madison rising
courtesy of the RWB.. toby keith
God bless america by the US army field band and chorus

there really are so many great ones!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Last year I used courtesy of the RWB by Toby Keith. I also used America the Beautiful by Ray Charles (there is no better version than his by the way!).

This year I'm using a pyro parody of Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA that I stole from the Iowa Pyrotechnic Arts Guild. I'm going to close the show with the Star Spangled Banner by Whitney Houston at the Super Bowl. (Once again... There is no better version IMHO).

Icooclast
07-02-2019, 05:30 PM
even though i'm not doing a show, i like "when the eagle cries" by iced earth

Pyro_ATX
07-02-2019, 11:41 PM
The Boss- Born in the USA!

Not trying to be Debbie Downer with my first post, but Born in the USA is a protest song, not at all patriotic. Good luck with the show!

rfgonzo
07-03-2019, 01:00 AM
Not trying to be Debbie Downer with my first post, but Born in the USA is a protest song, not at all patriotic. Good luck with the show!

Good first post Pyro-ATX, you are 100% correct. Unfortunately it's one of those songs that will always be played as patriotic. If people actually listen to the words instead of( just born in the usa) they would understand. I've learned not to hold it against anyone for playing it.

morrison2951
07-05-2019, 10:14 PM
Had a great show last night! Hope all went well with others!