PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Tent Prices Out Of This World

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2019, 03:13 PM
I popped in to a Phantom Fireworks tent today to pick up some sparklers for the kids. Wow was I amazed at what they were charging.

Every single 500G cake was $69.99 EACH! Every 200G cake was $34.99 EACH!!

Even the sparklers were ridiculous. I was looking for the long ones that last a minute or so. They had some normal length ones on long sticks that they wanted $6.99 for a pack of 6. I told him he was out of his mind. Then he showed me what they call "Wedding sparklers" that were the long ones I wanted, and they came 6 in a box for $1.99. So I got 4 of those.

I know they do that "buy 1 get 1 "free"" thing, but wow....I don't see how anyone buys that stuff.

joed2323
07-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Even more proof not to shop their:cool:

Icooclast
07-01-2019, 05:02 PM
those are half the price places around here charge. a 500 gram is $100 or over at the closest location to me. and they're not really that good, either. it is also $30 or so for a brick of firecrackers.

i'm happy i found out about online ordering. it was totally by happenstance, too. i was bored out of my mind one day and couldn't think of anything to do. so i typed something like "buy fireworks on line" into google and was shocked that there were real sites with this option.

Fulliautomatix
07-01-2019, 08:20 PM
I popped in to a Phantom Fireworks tent today to pick up some sparklers for the kids. Wow was I amazed at what they were charging.

Even the sparklers were ridiculous. I was looking for the long ones that last a minute or so. They had some normal length ones on long sticks that they wanted $6.99 for a pack of 6. I told him he was out of his mind. Then he showed me what they call "Wedding sparklers" that were the long ones I wanted, and they came 6 in a box for $1.99. So I got 4 of those.

I know they do that "buy 1 get 1 "free"" thing, but wow....I don't see how anyone buys that stuff.

In their GA stores they have "Buy 1 get 2 free" year round*. That said, they tag their 24 shell Excalibur kits for $199. So you'd end up getting 3 boxes for ~$66 each, plus tax. Jake's sells the same box for $69.99. I've seen them at smaller shops in the $50-$60/box range.

*The fact that they keep their doors open year round boggles my mind, and adds up (in my mind) why they charge so much for their goods. They have to pay for their overhead somehow.

nightstalker
07-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Phantom is expensive but for some reason people keep going there. The BOGO gimmick does not save any money at least here in PA. Pay $199 for BOGO and it still cost $100 a piece. If you catch the BOG2 it cost $66. I have seen the same product sell in the $65-$70 range and I am not forced to buy 2 or 3. Bada Boom in Blakeslee, PA. during their Spring demo, was selling the same product at 1/2 price for $34.50. I'm talking about the Excaliber.

Kooooou
07-02-2019, 12:11 AM
I only go to Phantom when they have the "B1G2" deals. It still ends up far more pricey than wholesale but there are a few unique items I pick up every year from them that no other brand has (recent examples are 8 second Ride, Bedazzled, Walloping Warheads Premier, Wizard of Ahhhhs). The ghost only gets about 15% of my annual budget though, and even that's mostly because of their high price.

rfgonzo
07-02-2019, 02:31 AM
Phantom who? That's like a unicorn to me.

hatsgoods
07-02-2019, 02:25 PM
it upsets me cause they do have some good performing stuff. not much but some. and why they charge out of the A$$ for stuff is out of my mind. i just say why? oh why? oh earth o why?

PyroGyro
07-02-2019, 06:01 PM
Phantom stays open because the general public and average person aren't thinking much about fireworks prior to the 4th and will pay whatever they have to in order to have some fireworks for the 4th. Fireworks are one day thing for 99% of people and when people see a Buy 1 get 2 free deal they assume that they're getting an amazing deal. Even myself, who has been doing decent size shows for several years and had been getting the best deals in my area from a local retailer, didn't find out about wholesale online shopping until just a couple of days ago.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-02-2019, 07:45 PM
I thought the prices at PGI last year were ridiculous too, but I talked to a couple from California who were wheeling it out by the case full, and they told me they don't get to buy or shoot where they live, so this is their only chance to shoot pyro. So the price really isn't a factor for them.

I suppose shopping at a tent is similar. Something most folks only do once a year so price is not really a factor.

jamisonlm3
07-02-2019, 07:53 PM

I know they do that "buy 1 get 1 "free"" thing, but wow....I don't see how anyone buys that stuff.Rick, that pricing doesn't suprise me one bit. If anything, it's a bit on the low side for phantom. Aren't those prices normally that without the buy one get one deal?

Rick_In_Tampa
07-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Rick, that pricing doesn't suprise me one bit. If anything, it's a bit on the low side for phantom. Aren't those prices normally that without the buy one get one deal?

Couldn't tell you. To be honest, I've never purchased cakes from Phantom or any other brick and mortar store down here.

Thank goodness for wholesale discounts!!