PDA

View Full Version : help with site location please

Mississippipyro
07-01-2019, 10:57 AM
attached are my three options for a shoot site this year. my HOA has approved the thing so I want it to go off without an issue.
my preferred options are #1 and #3
the red lines are barricades I will have in place
the road is not heavily traveled but is only 60' from two of the options, actually not that worried about it with the barricades and everything glued down.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4176&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4177&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4177&stc=1

Mattp
07-01-2019, 11:16 AM
you put the distances for location 2 twice... also do you plan on closing whichever entrance road into the community that you will be shooting next to??? also can you split the difference between 1 and 3 to give you more space from the main road??

Mississippipyro
07-01-2019, 11:44 AM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4178&stc=1
you put the distances for location 2 twice... also do you plan on closing whichever entrance road into the community that you will be shooting next to??? also can you split the difference between 1 and 3 to give you more space from the main road??
sorry about that this is option #3, I can possibly split the deference, and yes I can just off the roads or stop firing I will have two people watching and ability to hold a board if needed. I should have also added that this is all 1.4 mostly 500 and 200g cakes.

BeerGuyEd
07-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Personally I like location 3. Given its a mostly 1.4 show you can put the product right up next to the pond and still have a good amount of safety space for the spectators.

joed2323
07-01-2019, 01:18 PM
To the left of the pond, can you close that road down next to location 1? A couple barricades are all that's needed

Is their another way around for traffic?
I understand ita not heavily traveled. But when fireworks are going off it will turn into a heavily traveled road. No way to stop ppl from coming down that road and parking and watching. People are morons what can I say?

If your HOA approved this which is amazing actually given HOA are pain in the ass, why not setup directly on this road and you can angle your pyro whichever direction you would have the crowd?

I like location 3 given your current options

Mattp
07-01-2019, 01:26 PM
it is a bit tricky... i like the idea of having the spectators all the way across the pond.. they could line up on that walkway.. you definitely have the distances.... but personally i would like a little more distance from the main road then location 1&2 offer... just thinking of a law enforcement standpoint... they might not like it so close

Mississippipyro
07-01-2019, 01:46 PM
it is a bit tricky... i like the idea of having the spectators all the way across the pond.. they could line up on that walkway.. you definitely have the distances.... but personally i would like a little more distance from the main road then location 1&2 offer... just thinking of a law enforcement standpoint... they might not like it so close
I agree and leaning towards option #3

Mississippipyro
07-01-2019, 01:50 PM
To the left of the pond, can you close that road down next to location 1? A couple barricades are all that's needed

Is their another way around for traffic?
I understand ita not heavily traveled. But when fireworks are going off it will turn into a heavily traveled road. No way to stop ppl from coming down that road and parking and watching. People are morons what can I say?

If your HOA approved this which is amazing actually given HOA are pain in the ass, why not setup directly on this road and you can angle your pyro whichever direction you would have the crowd?

I like location 3 given your current options
That road in front is city/county one side city one side county. Both turn off roads are part of my development the one associated with option 3 is a dead end and should be able to be closed off

Mississippipyro
07-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Personally I like location 3. Given its a mostly 1.4 show you can put the product right up next to the pond and still have a good amount of safety space for the spectators.
next year center of the pond on floats with a firing system :cool::D

BeerGuyEd
07-01-2019, 03:00 PM
next year center of the pond on floats with a firing system :cool::D

It's good to have pyro goals

joed2323
07-01-2019, 04:58 PM
That road in front is city/county one side city one side county. Both turn off roads are part of my development the one associated with option 3 is a dead end and should be able to be closed off

I'd close it off and try and set up down their?

Kooooou
07-02-2019, 02:22 AM
Wish my HOA would let us shoot fireworks. They actually have a rule against it. Anyway, I like location 3 the best but I'd move to the street behind it if acceptable by local officials and the HOA. The launch blasts will sound much better on the harder surface, and you don't have to worry about any slopes or inclines on the turf. Also, too close to the pond and you end up potentially clogging those spray nozzles or pumps and you give the HOA a reason to disallow your shoot next year.