PDA

View Full Version : Pyrodan 2019 4th of July show (a little bit early)

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 07:35 PM
Well we had out 4th of July party yesterday. The weather did not help with the set up. And I apparently have a problem with my new 72M. I had 2 banks that would not fire. That wiped out 1 of the 2 comet runs I put in the show. After the show I got the second run to fire by switching banks and rerunning the script. I have to figure out if it is the mod or some oversight on my part. I will let you guys know so if I made a mistake, hopefully others won't. I am the only one who knew it was supposed to be there so no one missed it..... Other than me. GRRRRRRR.
https://youtu.be/999JFqHLcGE

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Got to watch part of it through the VPN at work. I'll wait until I get home to watch it without all the lag. Looked awesome as always though!! I just love that shoot site. One day.... <sigh>

How many cues did you use? Looks like a ton! Or were all those crossing comets fired from your slats? I still don't understand them like I should, but I'd like to be able to do what I saw you do in the beginning of your show. If slats are the ticket, I'm going to have to get smart on them for next year.

Anyway... Awesome job as usual! Looking forward to seeing it all full speed when I get home. ;)

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 08:22 PM
Thank you Rick! 177 cues total. The comet run I did with my 72m and 8 slats. I used 8 slats to eliminate scab wire. With 2 slats per side, per run, and 7' initiators I basically had no scab wire. I need to buy more Firewire's and I'm going to get 10 foot lengths next year. The second run on banks c&d did not fire. I need to resolve this. It was not the slats or cables as after the show i moved the second run to banks a&b and reran the script and they fired. Very frustrating. I spaced the shots .06 seconds apart.

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 08:24 PM
Plenty of property around here Rick, should I start sending you some listings?
The crossing comets were from racks I made. I will post some pictures.

joed2323
06-30-2019, 08:46 PM
Awesome job sir.

You hit it hard throughout the entire show, nicely done

What was that cake or effect right at the very end (10:18ish) when people were saying "shit"!!! That was badass

-also what were those z crackle mine cakes after that? Also badass...

-how far apart were your three main stations?

-also what kind of camera did you use and how far back did you set it up? I see it missed some of the bigger breaking stuff, I'm not complaining just trying to get a good distance for when I setup my go pro.

Again very good show, almost felt like you were missing the music track to this show due to how badass it was scripted! Are you considering going music next year? If not let me suggest this show was badass and with music involved, holy wow look out

Very well done, didnt even notice the missing cues, that's how good this show was

Robbro097
06-30-2019, 08:47 PM
Now im scared about my 72m thinking i should plug some matches in 2mrw n make sure theyl pop

PyroGyro
06-30-2019, 08:55 PM
That was kick ass!

Stormcrow
06-30-2019, 10:02 PM
Well. Done. Loved all the slices. Would love to see what you could do with a pyromusical. What was that last cake. Wow.

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 10:30 PM
ROBBRO 097 I would run a test. I dry ran my script 12 times with no issues. But with 10 mods and .06 second timing, its hard to see every thing. It was most likely something I did or didn't do. When I find out, I will let every one know.

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 10:51 PM
Awesome job sir.

You hit it hard throughout the entire show, nicely done

What was that cake or effect right at the very end (10:18ish) when people were saying "shit"!!! That was badass

-also what were those z crackle mine cakes after that? Also badass...

-how far apart were your three main stations?

-also what kind of camera did you use and how far back did you set it up? I see it missed some of the bigger breaking stuff, I'm not complaining just trying to get a good distance for when I setup my go pro.

Again very good show, almost felt like you were missing the music track to this show due to how badass it was scripted! Are you considering going music next year? If not let me suggest this show was badass and with music involved, holy wow look out

Very well done, didnt even notice the missing cues, that's how good this show was

At the end, that was 8 water cakes, 4 red 4 silver. This was our first year with the silver ones. The package says at a 35* shoot angle. they will go 185'. The pond is 300' across. Some of them shot across the pond and landed on the other bank! That was my wife and her friend filming on the other bank.
The 3 docks are about 40' apart.
She was filming with her phone, a Samsung Galaxy 8. She was on the other side of the pond, 100 yds away.
Give me a time in the video, and I'll let you know what it is.
And thank you for the kind words!

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Thank you Stormcrow! I have thought about a pyro musical..... but more equipment, more time, more money.

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 10:54 PM
That was kick ass!
Thank you very much!

Pyro Paul
06-30-2019, 11:10 PM
That was a kick ass display Dan! Well planned and executed. I hope I don't have problems with my 72m now... I'll be running 15 slats off of it in a row of 3, 3, 4 and 5. I guess it's time for another dry run in the morning.

PYRODAN
06-30-2019, 11:33 PM
Some set up pictures.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4161&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4162&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4163&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4164&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4165&stc=1

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Dan - That was an awesome show!! I loved the opening. I need to find out what you used and how you configured it to fire. Those water effects at the end traveled a tad farther than you anticipated I see!! I assume the lady who yelled SHIT! was your wife. She is okay I hope. Sounded like a few hit really close to her. Those are great effects though.

Well done Sir!!

PYRODAN
07-01-2019, 02:00 AM
Dan - That was an awesome show!! I loved the opening. I need to find out what you used and how you configured it to fire. Those water effects at the end traveled a tad farther than you anticipated I see!! I assume the lady who yelled SHIT! was your wife. She is okay I hope. Sounded like a few hit really close to her. Those are great effects though.

Well done Sir!!

They all missed..... Well that's what next year is for!! LOL

joed2323
07-01-2019, 05:42 AM
Your angled 62mm rack, do you know what your angles are set at 15 degree?

PYRODAN
07-01-2019, 08:15 AM
Your angled 62mm rack, do you know what your angles are set at 15 degree?

Correct 15-0-15

BeerGuyEd
07-01-2019, 08:33 AM
What a great show. So many different effects throughout the show. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Mattp
07-01-2019, 10:02 AM
GREAT SHOW!!! very nicely executed.. i like the fast paced stuff... really liked the all red segment... the water cakes were some really cool 3D effect too!!!! a little too 3D for your crowd..but great for the camera.. LOL!!!....Awesome job!!!

PYRODAN
07-01-2019, 11:58 AM
What a great show. So many different effects throughout the show. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the kind words!

PYRODAN
07-01-2019, 12:01 PM
GREAT SHOW!!! very nicely executed.. i like the fast paced stuff... really liked the all red segment... the water cakes were some really cool 3D effect too!!!! a little too 3D for your crowd..but great for the camera.. LOL!!!....Awesome job!!!

LOL. those were shot toward my wife, not the crowd. She is very understanding......

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Thank you Rick! 177 cues total. The comet run I did with my 72m and 8 slats. I used 8 slats to eliminate scab wire. With 2 slats per side, per run, and 7' initiators I basically had no scab wire. I need to buy more Firewire's and I'm going to get 10 foot lengths next year. The second run on banks c&d did not fire. I need to resolve this. It was not the slats or cables as after the show i moved the second run to banks a&b and reran the script and they fired. Very frustrating. I spaced the shots .06 seconds apart.

It's got to be the slats then. I've got 180 cues in my show this year and I know I don't have enough to do what you did. So it has to be the slats. I'm going to have to do more research on those if I do a show next year. Sorry you had the issue with one bank not firing. I'm sure that had to be upsetting considering the time I know it takes to set something like that up. But it was an amazing show as always!!

Thanks for the info!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Plenty of property around here Rick, should I start sending you some listings?
The crossing comets were from racks I made. I will post some pictures.

Lol.... Man I wish I was ready to pull the retirement trigger. Unless the stock market REALLY takes off in the next few years, that day is still a ways off unfortunately. But it's getting closer and closer all the time. I qualified for a Golden Buckeye card 6 years ago so... I'm close!

PYRODAN
07-01-2019, 06:24 PM
It's got to be the slats then. I've got 180 cues in my show this year and I know I don't have enough to do what you did. So it has to be the slats. I'm going to have to do more research on those if I do a show next year. Sorry you had the issue with one bank not firing. I'm sure that had to be upsetting considering the time I know it takes to set something like that up. But it was an amazing show as always!!

Thanks for the info!

Here are some pics of the crossing comets.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4189&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4190&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4191&stc=1

displayfireworks1
07-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Maybe its just me but, something does not look right with those gel connections. Anyone else see it?

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Maybe its just me but, something does not look right with those gel connections. Anyone else see it?

I see two open wires and three sets of blue/white, blue/white, blue/white.

Looks good to me!

PYRODAN
07-01-2019, 09:39 PM

OK, I give up. What is wrong?

Kooooou
07-02-2019, 02:48 AM
Beautiful, artistic show, Pyrodan and glad to hear the wife is ok. Bruise her or burn her a little, no problem I bet. Just don't ruin her favorite shirt.

Jay_
07-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Absolutely spectacular Dan! That intro with the comet runs, crossed comets, and cakes just rips your lips off and throws them on the ground.

I had the volume up when I hit the play button and it scared the shit out of me!

cptnding
07-02-2019, 01:41 PM
That was truly a great show! Pyromusicals are really cool but I still enjoy watching fireworks without the music. The soundtrack is the fireworks. No music playing to cover up the mistakes or failures. Sucks that the second comet run didn't go. At least the first one did and wow I'm with Rick on maybe thinking about slats in the future.
How do you keep the racks holding the water cakes from tipping over backwards? They look very sturdy. Is it just that they are heavy enough to stay in place?

PYRODAN
07-02-2019, 05:00 PM
That was truly a great show! Pyromusicals are really cool but I still enjoy watching fireworks without the music. The soundtrack is the fireworks. No music playing to cover up the mistakes or failures. Sucks that the second comet run didn't go. At least the first one did and wow I'm with Rick on maybe thinking about slats in the future.
How do you keep the racks holding the water cakes from tipping over backwards? They look very sturdy. Is it just that they are heavy enough to stay in place?

They are screwed to the dock. And thank you for the compliment!

PYRODAN
07-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Beautiful, artistic show, Pyrodan and glad to hear the wife is ok. Bruise her or burn her a little, no problem I bet. Just don't ruin her favorite shirt.

Thank you for the compliment! My wife and her asbestos bra are fine!

PYRODAN
07-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Absolutely spectacular Dan! That intro with the comet runs, crossed comets, and cakes just rips your lips off and throws them on the ground.

I had the volume up when I hit the play button and it scared the shit out of me!

That might just be the nicest thing ever said to me, any time, any where, for any reason!
Thank you.

PYRODAN
07-04-2019, 07:14 PM
That was a kick ass display Dan! Well planned and executed. I hope I don't have problems with my 72m now... I'll be running 15 slats off of it in a row of 3, 3, 4 and 5. I guess it's time for another dry run in the morning.

Thank you Paul. I may have a lead on my 72 issue. Since I shot my show already, and I know he is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest about now, I haven't Contacted Scott @ Cobra yet. I am going to start a thread over in the Cobra section. I loaded up the 72 the same way it was in my show and and re-ran the script and videoed it.
It did the exact same thing.

PYRODAN
07-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Regarding my second comet run that did not fire; So, after contacting Cobra and working with Joel (who was very helpful) we found that my 72M was set to talon mode and that was why it could not fire the second run. We ran several test to verify this. There are video's on my YouTube channel. I cant believe I made such a simple mistake. I never actually checked it as I know they come from Cobra set to "e-match" mode. I must have some how switched it while I was syncing it to my remote. LOL, check everything! Twice. https://youtu.be/KLoKzFmxMz4,
https://youtu.be/znaId8MW3FU, https://youtu.be/leFOnQSAvsk

Pyro Paul
07-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Regarding my second comet run that did not fire; So, after contacting Cobra and working with Joel (who was very helpful) we found that my 72M was set to talon mode and that was why it could not fire the second run. We ran several test to verify this. There are video's on my YouTube channel. I cant believe I made such a simple mistake. I never actually checked it as I know they come from Cobra set to "e-match" mode. I must have some how switched it while I was syncing it to my remote. LOL, check everything! Twice. https://youtu.be/KLoKzFmxMz4,
https://youtu.be/znaId8MW3FU, https://youtu.be/leFOnQSAvsk

I actually caught that when I was doing my last dry run and fixed it on all 4 banks. It came set on talon mode, the reason I caught it was because my 18m's were just a quick blink and I was having trouble seeing which cue on which module was lighting up but the 72 was staying on for 2 seconds and I could easily see the cue lighting up. Sorry that it bit you in the backside, it always seems like its the little things that cause such big problems...

esgrillo
07-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Really great stuff Dan, always enjoy watching your show every year (and stealing some ideas ;). Loved that comet run at the beginning. My set up help would kill me if I asked them to do something like that lol.