PDA

View Full Version : Refusing cakes

PGHBoom
06-30-2019, 07:32 PM
I recently switched over a number of cakes from standard fuses to Firewire Initiators. I have had no problems with them. A friend recently tried replacing the Initiator back to standard fuse. When he lit the fuse it blew apart and did not go off. I am not sure if he did not seal up the hole completely and the blast came out the hole more than stayed in the tube. Any suggestions as to why it did not go off.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2019, 07:36 PM
It certainly sounds like the tube was compromised. If the path of least resistance was down and out instead of up, then there had to be a major crack or hole in the bottom of that tube.

Mattp
07-01-2019, 10:18 AM
sounds like it did go off... but not the way you wanted it to.... definitely sounds like the hole wasnt sealed back up enough... big difference in the size hole for an initiator then for a fuse.. lucky it didnt blow apart and also ignite the other fuses too!!!!

PGHBoom
07-01-2019, 08:50 PM
I asked if her tried another 200 gram cake and have not hear back. I suggested taping up the hole to keep the flash in the tube.

Kooooou
07-02-2019, 02:12 AM
Was the friend experienced? Maybe the lift charge was lost in the process of re-fusing and re-re-fusing so only the time fuse on the shell was lit. My other guess would be that in the process if poking, the shell casing was breached.