PDA

View Full Version : Need buying tips

PyroGyro
06-29-2019, 11:32 AM
Hi all,

I have been doing my own 4th of July shows now for several years, and each year it gets bigger and bigger to where I've now progressed to using combinations of 200G, 500G, NOABs, and mortar racks. I am from NH and buy all of my stuff from stores. Despite the fact that I do shop at the cheapest store around and get a good deal compared to all the others it's still expensive, and this year I spent about $1,400 on a 10 minute show. Moving forward to next year I want to figure out a way to buy cheaper but I have a few questions.

1. What are the cheapest online stores that will ship?

2. Do I have to buy everything by the case to get the deals? I ask because a lot of times I might only want 3 or 4 of a 200G cake in the show, or only 2 of a 500G show, and so forth.

3. Are there certain times of the year to get killer deals?

4. Any other ideas on how to buy cheaper?

Thanks!

Jay_
06-29-2019, 11:52 AM
American Wholesale Fireworks is who I go through.

The prices are great, but the most important thing to me is that they will split cases for you....hell even sell you a single item at wholesale pricing.

I shoot about 90% of my cakes in pairs, and this saves me several thousand dollars over having to buy full cases of everything and then either having to shoot all of them up or store them until next season.

There customer service is nothing short of outstanding as well.

FWIW....1400 isn’t bad for a 10 minute show.

Ctpyro180
06-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Hi all,

I have been doing my own 4th of July shows now for several years, and each year it gets bigger and bigger to where I've now progressed to using combinations of 200G, 500G, NOABs, and mortar racks. I am from NH and buy all of my stuff from stores. Despite the fact that I do shop at the cheapest store around and get a good deal compared to all the others it's still expensive, and this year I spent about $1,400 on a 10 minute show. Moving forward to next year I want to figure out a way to buy cheaper but I have a few questions.

2. Do I have to buy everything by the case to get the deals? I ask because a lot of times I might only want 3 or 4 of a 200G cake in the show, or only 2 of a 500G show, and so forth.

Thanks!

Not sure if you buy from us ...but we do sell wholesale....

Robbro097
06-29-2019, 12:01 PM
I was just going to say what jay said americanwholesalefireworks is awesome (and they used to offer 20% off to pyrotalk members) they also have other discount levels after youve spent i believe 3000$ on your total orders u receive 30% off that and all future orders and i think its 5000$ gets you 40% off i cant sware that those #s r exactly correct but theyr is the exact #s on here ill post a link to if i find later. They advertise best shipping prices around as well. I dont know anything about that because i just pick up. Theyll take great care of you

Robbro097
06-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Oh and last cpl years they've done a 20% off February for ppl at that 20% discount level and 10% for ppl at 30% level and i dont thi k anything for ppl already at the 40% level that pretty much theyr best price thats the way john had explained it to me

cmalloy513
06-29-2019, 03:32 PM
Do you go to Stateline? If not then that’s your best bet in NH. If you want to move to wholesale call the owner and ask about wholesale pricing.

EST rome
06-30-2019, 01:24 AM
Overstockcentral.com sells wholesale and will ship any order over $500 for free

jamisonlm3
06-30-2019, 02:34 AM
Hi all,

Thanks!It sounds like what you need to do is to stop shopping at retail stores and go wholesale. If you spent that $1400 with a wholesaler, you get a great deal more fireworks and have them shipped to you, but you will have to order by the case. There are assorted cases now and not all the cakes you might normally use will be available from one wholesaler. Still, if you look into the different wholesalers out there and look at how you can use their product in your show. You can even modify your shows to fit the product they sell. It might be that you can even spend less and get similar or equivalent product for your show.

PyroGyro
06-30-2019, 08:09 AM
Not sure if you buy from us ...but we do sell wholesale....

At a glance you have some items that are priced slightly more, some slightly less, and a few considerably less (10% or more) than what I am paying now. Your volume buying program makes it a little better than that. Where it matters most though is with the 500G, shells, and NOABs. The prices are in line with what I am paying now so I'm not sure buying from you would save me much. That said, thanks for the response. I had no idea you guys existed and I'll definitely look into your store a little more.

PyroGyro
06-30-2019, 08:46 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I'll definitely be checking out American Wholesale more but at a glance they have a smaller selection and are about what I am paying now, not factoring in the VIP status and the sales that they may have going on during the year. For now I signed up as a "Silver" member and will be checking them out as the year goes on. I like the idea of getting 10 and 20% off for life if you spend 1k and 2k, however the big one here is cost of shipping. That could easily wipe out any savings in item price so we'll have to see.

I'll also check out overstock as well.

PyroGyro
06-30-2019, 08:51 AM
Btw, what prompted me to create this thread was that I saw someone post their stash and prices they paid and they were like 1/2 of what I was paying for the same items. I'm sure they were buying by the case, and buying more than me, but still the savings was HUGE. If I can find a supplier that will save me 20% on what I buy now I'd be happy.

Wholesale Fireworks
06-30-2019, 09:01 AM
Hi all,

Thanks!

Check us out when you get a chance.http://www.wfboom.com THE Wholesale Fireworks... not to be confused with all the others who have started to use our name. We have had the same name for 40 yrs. We ship to NH and offer discounts up to 40% off of our wholesale prices throughout the year based on your purchase.
Check out our website where you can watch over 300 product videos. Feel free to PM me if you have any product, pricing or shipping questions.

PyroGyro
06-30-2019, 09:39 AM
Check us out when you get a chance.http://www.wfboom.com THE Wholesale Fireworks... not to be confused with all the others who have started to use our name. We have had the same name for 40 yrs. We ship to NH and offer discounts up to 40% off of our wholesale prices throughout the year based on your purchase.
Check out our website where you can watch over 300 product videos. Feel free to PM me if you have any product, pricing or shipping questions.

Hi Ray,

Holy Cow. I like the Tiers and that you have and the buying and shipping discounts. For me I can buy at anytime and it seems that buying in Feb/March is the best time to do it based on your Tier structure.

Just so I'm clear...if Tier 1 says 35% for $600-1200, does this mean that if I spend that much, I will receive 35% off the case price listed on the website?

For example, let's take this: https://wfboom.com/500-gram-repeater-cases/monstrous-palm-2/1/ --Monstrous Palm Price is $103.45 per case of 2, or $51.72 per NOAB? And then on top of that in Tier 1 I'd get 35% off of the 103.45 and then pay $67.25 for the case? $33.62 per NOAB? If this is correct, this is incredible and is basically less than half of what I am paying now for NOABs

Wholesale Fireworks
06-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Hi Ray,

Holy Cow. I like the Tiers and that you have and the buying and shipping discounts. For me I can buy at anytime and it seems that buying in Feb/March is the best time to do it based on your Tier structure.

Just so I'm clear...if Tier 1 says 35% for $600-1200, does this mean that if I spend that much, I will receive 35% off the case price listed on the website?

For example, let's take this: https://wfboom.com/500-gram-repeater-cases/monstrous-palm-2/1/ --Monstrous Palm Price is $103.45 per case of 2, or $51.72 per NOAB? And then on top of that in Tier 1 I'd get 35% off of the 103.45 and then pay $67.25 for the case? $33.62 per NOAB? If this is correct, this is incredible and is basically less than half of what I am paying now for NOABs

You are absolutely 100% clear. That is how it works . You can also pre order items that are not currently in stock. As long as the order is paid in full by the end of the tier discount, we will hold the entire order for you until everything is in stock and ship the entire order

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2019, 04:51 PM
PyroGyro - FWIW, WF Boom has some great products. As you just found out their tier pricing can save you a ton. Especially if you buy early.

I do a group buy with a friend of mine and we buy from Spirit of 76 in Missouri. They have "pro only" products that many other places don't carry. Not sure if you use a firing system or not, but if you do, give SO76 a look. They also offer tiered pricing. We buy in January and we get 40% off. Like WF Boom, SO76 has videos online of all their products. So you can see what you're going to get before you buy it. That's also a huge help if you're trying to do a pyro-musical so you can get the timing perfect.

If you don't buy enough to qualify for the larger tier discounts, join a pyro club and see if you can do a group buy with some of the club members. Find out who does shows in your neighborhood or at work and see if they want to go in with you on a group buy. That's the easiest way to get the larger discounts.

ttam23
07-02-2019, 05:52 AM
i second wfboom spend you $1400 there in February next year for next years show

PyroGyro
07-02-2019, 07:22 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I already started pricing out my 2020 stash on WFBoom and assuming I do my buy in February and get 35% off, even with the shipping costs it looks like I'll average 40% savings over what I'd been paying for the same types of items before.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I already started pricing out my 2020 stash on WFBoom and assuming I do my buy in February and get 35% off, even with the shipping costs it looks like I'll average 40% savings over what I'd been paying for the same types of items before.

Bingo!! That 40% will buy you a ton more goodies!

Jay_
07-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I'll definitely be checking out American Wholesale more but at a glance they have a smaller selection and are about what I am paying now, not factoring in the VIP status and the sales that they may have going on during the year. For now I signed up as a "Silver" member and will be checking them out as the year goes on. I like the idea of getting 10 and 20% off for life if you spend 1k and 2k, however the big one here is cost of shipping. That could easily wipe out any savings in item price so we'll have to see.

I'll also check out overstock as well.

I pay less than 25 per for most of my pro cakes, less than 45 per for 2/1 noabs, under 25 for most popular 500g?s. For example gorilla warfare $44 at jakes....I give $21 at American.

PyroGyro
07-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Bingo!! That 40% will buy you a ton more goodies!

I was so excited about the savings you guys told me about from WFBoom that I already picked out my stash for next year and roughly sketched out next year's show. The show is about a minute longer than this years show, is better overall, and will cost about $300 less than what I paid for my show for this year! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Here it is :D

Main -5:50
Jet propulsion with Battle of Royal -35 secs
Beast -37 secs
Beast with Upheaval 37 secs
Show of Force 32 secs
Show of Force with Jet Propulsion 32 secs
D-Day 40 secs
D-Day with Piercing Comet 40 secs
Night Breaker 35 secs
Night Breaker with Are you Ready 45 secs

Mid show and mini finale -3 minutes
2 Wrecking Ball split- 28 secs
2 Daisy Diamonds split -38 secs
2 Show of Force split + 1 Colorful Cadence -32 secs
2 Battle of Royal Split + 2 Piercing Comet 40 secs
2 Beast split & 2 Upheaval, +10 Mortars in the last 5 seconds, spaced .5 second apart -37 secs

Finale - 2 minutes
2 Comets of the Cosmos + 20 Mortars spaced 1 second apart -20 secs
3 Are you Ready, 1 Piercing Comet, + 22 Mortars space 2 seconds apart -45 secs
3 Upheaval, 2 Unstoppable split, 1 Jet Propulsion - 30 secs
1 Colorful Cadence, 2 Unstoppable split, 1 Battle of Royal, 2 Upheaval + 32 Mortars at 1 per second
followed by 10 all at once at 32nd second. -33 secs

Total show length 10:50

Rick_In_Tampa
07-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Careful there grasshopper. It gets exponentially more expensive from here!! Lol...