PDA

View Full Version : New to the game

Roll_Tide_Bang
06-28-2019, 11:33 PM
Hello all,
Like most folks (I would imagine), my love for fireworks started at a pretty young age. Fast forward to now and I am hosting my neighborhood's 2cd annual fireworks show. We collected 1500$ this year and I got some pretty good deals at my local fireworks superstore (they tend to treat you pretty good when you walk in with that much cash in fresh hundred dollar bills).
At any rate, I want to continue to up my game. This year I have purchased extra fusing and will build also build a 12 shot mortar rack. Last year I cut up some 4x8 sheets of plywood and glued them down with adhesive, that seemed to work well.
I did not fuse anything together last year and had to fire off everything by hand. It was a pretty good show by everyone's account, but my grand finale left something to be desired. I am looking for recommendations on what to do and how to do it this year. I really like the idea fusing multiple cakes together but I don't have any experience with that, so it is just watching you tube and keeping my fingers crossed. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thank you. I have attached a picture of what I have.
alex

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4142&stc=1

PyroManiacs
06-29-2019, 01:17 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

EST rome
06-30-2019, 01:45 AM
I am doing my own 2nd little show this year as well, I would recommend using a firing system for that many cakes. I bought an MS12cue for $99 on eBay last year with talon igniters. 12 cues is enough for me right now but you might want the MS32 cue and I didn’t like the talon igniters they were unreliable I recommend the electric matches with the visco clips they work a lot better. You can find all of this on eBay for pretty cheap

rfgonzo
06-30-2019, 02:03 AM
This is my 1st post, so take it for what it worth. However! I've been doing this stuff for a bit. If you like the idea of fusing, give it a shot. If done right you will be more then happy that it all worked out. It will also be a world of diffrence then lighting everything. Just make sure you get a brass poke, if you start chain fusing fireworks.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Welcome aboard Roll Tide.

Is that picture everything you got for the $1500? If so, we need to talk wholesale.

If you're still using visco, and you indicate in your post you have extra fuse this year, then I would gather up all the stuff for your finale and fuse it all together end-to-end with 1 or maybe 2 long runs (that you can both light quickly) and try to set as many of them off at the same time as you can.

Go to Wal Mart and grab a bag of small zip ties and zip tie the visco to the fuse of each cake. Easy peezy and does not require poking anything. If you can get on cannonfuse.com tonight or maybe Amazon.com try to get some fast-fuse overnighted and use that!

AxeElf
06-30-2019, 07:13 PM
Is that picture everything you got for the $1500? If so, we need to talk wholesale.

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to comment on the size of another man's stash...

Besides, it's not the size of your stash, it's what you DO with it!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2019, 08:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to comment on the size of another man's stash...

Besides, it's not the size of your stash, it's what you DO with it!

Lol... Sooooo where do I go with that?? :confused:

Mattp
07-01-2019, 11:10 AM
welcome to pyrotalk roll tide!!! i do agree that although that is a very nice stash of products..if that was indeed 1500$ you may definitely want to consider looking into wholesale..depending on where you live even having it shipped to you!! rick gave you a very god suggestion for the fuse... i would just add that you may want to watch the videos or lookup the time duration for each of the products... so you can get a better idea of where to place them along the fuse... depends on what speed fuse you have too... but if its slow fuse and you put them to far apart... you could end up with a minute or more in between ...or if its faster fuse and you put them to close..you'll have everything going off at once..

stratos294ho
07-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Hey There Roll Tide send me a message and let me know where you live. If you are in or around North Alabama I can tell you where I go to get them for the backyard shows I do.