PDA

View Full Version : Big Box Store Assortments - South Carolina

carolinacombustion
06-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Does anyone have any info on what assortments are being carried this year in Costco, Sam's or BJ's in South Carolina? I'll be passing through and need to fill in a few items for the 4th, and was wondering if they have anything worthwhile.

jamisonlm3
06-27-2019, 01:57 AM
Why stop at the big box stores? They'll only be carrying safe and sane stuff. Unless that's all you want, there's are good many fireworks stores around the state. Still, they also carry safe and sane product, but also normal fireworks.

Mattp
06-27-2019, 07:39 AM
yes, i'd have to agree.. i dont know where your coming from or driving to... but im sure you can find some better options if you go to fireworks store!! but if you only want fountains, sparklers and novelty items.. then i guess one of those assortments at a box store will do fine... but i have no clue about which ones they have or prices... but i bet theyre made by either tnt or phantom!!!

carolinacombustion
06-27-2019, 07:42 AM
Why stop at the big box stores? They'll only be carrying safe and sane stuff. Unless that's all you want, there's are good many fireworks stores around the state. Still, they also carry safe and sane product, but also normal fireworks.

My impression was that Costco, et al, sold aerial assortments in states where these were legal. Am I misinformed? I'm familiar with stores like Jabs on the I-95 corridor that carry a broad stock. I was just looking for a few items to pass some time and thought this might be a cost effective place to get them..

BeerGuyEd
06-27-2019, 07:50 AM
My impression was that Costco, et al, sold aerial assortments in states where these were legal. Am I misinformed? I'm familiar with stores like Jabs on the I-95 corridor that carry a broad stock. I was just looking for a few items to pass some time and thought this might be a cost effective place to get them..

I know they sell aerial assortments here in Georgia at Costco. They are TNT product and I am sure they are a decent deal if you are just looking to pop a few things off.

carolinacombustion
06-27-2019, 09:07 AM
yes, i'd have to agree.. i dont know where your coming from or driving to... but im sure you can find some better options if you go to fireworks store!! but if you only want fountains, sparklers and novelty items.. then i guess one of those assortments at a box store will do fine... but i have no clue about which ones they have or prices... but i bet theyre made by either tnt or phantom!!!

I'll be heading south on I-95. I've got plenty of good stuff (Brothers/Winda, etc.) already. Just looking for a few items to fill in. Know the fireworks stores in the area. Thought I had seen "non safe and sane" assortments from Costco, etc. other years that had saturn missiles, festival balls, etc. that I could use for entertainment prior to the 4th.

Mattp
06-27-2019, 09:29 AM
looks like your correct!!! in costco/ box stores having ariels in legal states... that is pretty cool!!! where i live here in no fun NY, you cant even get sparklers... but hey,, if your here illegally, they'll give you a drivers license no questions asked!!! so,, we have that now...lol

carolinacombustion
06-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Yeah, Ed. That's what I was trying to verify. I've got enough NOABs, 500 gs and canisters for the 4th. Just wanted a cheap deal for some smaller stuff.

carolinacombustion
06-27-2019, 01:24 PM
looks like your correct!!! in costco/ box stores having ariels in legal states... that is pretty cool!!! where i live here in no fun NY, you cant even get sparklers... but hey,, if your here illegally, they'll give you a drivers license no questions asked!!! so,, we have that now...lol

That's a trap. After an hour or two on line at a NY DMV people happily move to another country.

Mattp
06-28-2019, 01:23 PM
That's a trap. After an hour or two on line at a NY DMV people happily move to another country.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! very true!!