PDA

View Full Version : Reusing a cardboard 12 shot came....

Hariii2
06-24-2019, 10:22 AM
Ok I know someone has tried this! I saved about four 12 shot cakes from last years show. The tubes are about 8? and a standard shell fits in them perfectly.... is this safe to do?

Hariii2
06-24-2019, 10:27 AM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4101&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4101&stc=1
Hers a pic....

Fulliautomatix
06-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Only one way to find out!

Just make sure you keep your distances clear, and have an extinguisher handy!!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-24-2019, 11:25 AM
On some other sites the "Pyro Police" will have a fit and say NOOOOOO--but in reality, yes, you can do it--BUT I would only do it one time. The tubes are pretty thin to begin with and already have been weakened somewhat by the first shell burning the inside of the tubes...and there is a hole in the sides of the bottom of the tubes from the original fusing. One time use I would say you are ok---and, yes, I have done it many times.

Icooclast
06-24-2019, 02:07 PM
Ok I know someone has tried this! I saved about four 12 shot cakes from last years show. The tubes are about 8? and a standard shell fits in them perfectly.... is this safe to do?

can you go over Niagara Falls in a barrel? sure! doesn't make it a good idea, though. but i trust these guys, i'm just thinking you'll only get a couple uses out of each tube (if that) as the thinness of the tubes stated earlier.

Fulliautomatix
06-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Personally, it is something I'd want to try with a single shell in the name of experimentation with all the necessary PPE & precautions, and not experiment with a cake full of shells during a show. If the tube does let go, I'd be willing to bet adjacent shells would likely be ignited, and then you'd likely have 12 flowerpots instead of just 1.

PyroManiacs
06-24-2019, 06:51 PM
I have done it a few times with no issues.

displayfireworks1
06-24-2019, 06:59 PM
Some people will do anything not to buy a pyroboom.com rack. LOL

PYRODAN
06-24-2019, 07:54 PM
Hell, I tried to give away 30 some hdpe tubes from lock-n-load and Excal shells and no one wanted them.

DavidthePyro
06-24-2019, 08:29 PM
I would have gladly taken those tubes off your hands

AxeElf
06-24-2019, 08:30 PM
Hell, I tried to give away 30 some hdpe tubes from lock-n-load and Excal shells and no one wanted them.

Maybe if you had some used cardboard cakes...

Jrmiller2015
06-26-2019, 04:17 AM
Some people will do anything not to buy a pyroboom.com rack. LOL

lol a lot of it is budget when people talk about racks and why they don't buy them and they try anything to get the same effect I guess once I started buying racks and getting into building racks ill be honest it becomes part of the addiction too.... but id never go back to doing my shows without racks lol and in reality if you have the time building your own racks isn't that expensive and you don't need expert carpenter skills unless you want to get real creative I start building racks to add in like august though and I stress it all the time to people its worth the money, in the long run, I still have the original 10 shot rack that started my collection and seem to add on every year to the point I have racks I don't use and have loaned out to other people in the area this year I just bought racks since I spent some unexpected time in the hospital....

Kenny East
06-26-2019, 04:26 AM
I wouldn't, I've loaded some powder free sample cakes I was given... But keep in mind, they are made for a single use, there is almost no way to inspect the plug... If you have the distance and the stones, go for it. But I wouldn't do the same for my show.