PDA

View Full Version : Whats an Easy and Cheap Way to Launch Rockets?

chetubet
06-23-2019, 09:56 PM
I bought a bunch of rockets this year. whats a decent and easy way to lunch them from a field other than using mortar tubes?

bml215
07-03-2019, 05:20 PM
If your talking about bottle rockets (i assume you are since you mention motor tube):

Use a glass bottle. Pick up a glass coke, enjoy your coke, put a little sand in the bottom (or water) and find a level section of earth or recessed it into the soil a bit.

Maybe a plastic soda bottle,

A 1/2" stick of pvc (give an end a 45 degree cut to sink into the soil)

Depends on the size of the bottle rockets honestly. Big long sticked ones i would say PVC, tiny guys bottle.

RalphieJ
07-03-2019, 06:52 PM
If bottle rockets, get your 3" mortar out, lower in a gross minus one. Light the one and drop it down. It's great!. The little kids love it.....me too.

belmec3825
12-12-2020, 09:20 AM
Not sure where you're from. But around me in DePere, WI, we have Habitat for Humanity Re-Stores. They have tons and tons of donated things from household renovations and what not. There i have found alot of pvc pipe @ .25 per foot(not matter the diameter) and metal conduit at $ .10 per foot(also any diameter) i've made all sorts or rocket launching racks and stands out of these materials. and so what if you burn up pvc tubes launching rockets. It still costs only 1/3 that of retail. they also have all sorts of boars and old trim which works great for supporting such racks and stands. And if you need nails and/or screws, there's no shortage of those there either. i have three of these stores within 30 minutes or less of me. I got there so much they know me by name, lol.

Aljhone
05-18-2022, 02:01 AM