PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Nashville!

zalytn
06-20-2019, 03:57 PM
Hi Ya'll!
I'm new to the forum but not pryo. I've been shooting a neighborhood July and NYE show for the last 6yrs now. The cool thing is that the HOA reimburses me for the fireworks out of the social/activity budget. This year will be the biggest July show at $2200 wholesale. I get the fireworks shipped to me from a distributor in Wisconsin. I manually try to sync up the show to a music soundtrack I make and I use a firing system (not cobra) to launch the show. Just on here looking for tips/tricks/advice. 'Light em up'!

BeerGuyEd
06-20-2019, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forums. Nashville is a great town and your HOA is amazing.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-20-2019, 06:52 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have another backyard pyro on the boards.

How did you get the HOA to cover the costs? Does their insurance policy cover you for the show?

PyroManiacs
06-20-2019, 09:41 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk fellow HOA show shooter! Lol.

chriskrc
06-21-2019, 07:12 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. That's awesome to hear how much your HOA enjoys the show.

zalytn
06-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome everybody! The show was very small 5-6yrs ago and a couple neighbors and I pooled some money together and spent $300. The next year we spent about $400 and then the HOA came to me and asked if they could contribute some $. It grew from there. The HOA only buys the fireworks. I buy the hardware (racks, tubes, etc...) and 'donate' my time to creating, setting up, cleaning up the show. There is a big empty field area that is owned by the HOA where we are able to shoot the show and we're not in city limits so there are less restrictions. Good times. :) There are a few other HOA's in my area that do something similar.

BeerGuyEd
06-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome everybody! The show was very small 5-6yrs ago and a couple neighbors and I pooled some money together and spent $300. The next year we spent about $400 and then the HOA came to me and asked if they could contribute some $. It grew from there. The HOA only buys the fireworks. I buy the hardware (racks, tubes, etc...) and 'donate' my time to creating, setting up, cleaning up the show. There is a big empty field area that is owned by the HOA where we are able to shoot the show and we're not in city limits so there are less restrictions. Good times. :) There are a few other HOA's in my area that do something similar.

That is awesome to hear. This year I am putting on a show for the swim and tennis club we belong to. The club is basically what is left over from a voluntary HOA going back years. They are putting up most of the money for the show, and I am buying all the equipment I need. Hopefully in a few years the budget grows as much as yours has.

Wholesale Fireworks
06-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. Loved Nashville. I used to live in Antioch for a few years. Check us out if you get a chance http://www.wfboom.com We are a wholeslaer and can ship to TN. We are a little closer than WI
Hope you have a great show this year.

Mississippipyro
06-27-2019, 07:27 AM
Hi Ya'll!
I'm new to the forum but not pryo. I've been shooting a neighborhood July and NYE show for the last 6yrs now. The cool thing is that the HOA reimburses me for the fireworks out of the social/activity budget. This year will be the biggest July show at $2200 wholesale. I get the fireworks shipped to me from a distributor in Wisconsin. I manually try to sync up the show to a music soundtrack I make and I use a firing system (not cobra) to launch the show. Just on here looking for tips/tricks/advice. 'Light em up'!
hello Zalytn
just down the road from you, kinda. this will be my 2nd year in my current development and I gained HOA approval to do a show over a large front pond ;) I think I will have about 3K into it 2K wholesale and another 1K in random trips to the stands I cant pass up lol. should be great I hope it becomes an annual thing with HOA financial backing but we will see. We should combine buying power next year. happy shooting, stay safe!!