PDA

View Full Version : N.O.A.B Suggestions

FBpyro
06-12-2019, 10:27 AM
I have never had a nine-on-a-board multishot before and despite the cotroversial opinions regarding them, this year I am looking to try one.

Any good suggestions out there for N.O.A.Bs? The firework retailers near me around the holiday all sell a combination of Winda, World Class, and Brothers product. I have seen some Sky Bacon start to make it's way into product line as well.

DavidthePyro
06-12-2019, 10:33 AM
I'm in the same boat, first year buying one, and I bought LOL by winda because of the price. Not expecting much at the price I paid, but hopefully enough to form an opinion

morrison2951
06-12-2019, 10:41 AM
I'm shooting off a case of Brothers Whacky Tobacky in my show- hits hard.

FireworkNewbie
06-12-2019, 11:21 AM
I personally love the NOABs. I understand the controversy, but have also witnessed them in action, and can swear by the ones I have shot. Ones I have shot are Whacky Tobacky, Pyro Candy, Yin Yang, and Monstrous Brocade. They tower above anything else I shoot and the breaks are substantial. I hear Mother of all Bombs is a good one too... a MOAB NOAB!

Big Worm
06-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Vertical Impact by Golden Bear is my favorite. HUGE charcoal willow with color tips. I'm also shooting two cases of Whacky Tobacky and one case of These Dreams by Tsky.

Robbro097
06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Im using yin yang by winda and perfect pyro by tsky. Last year i went with mother of all bombs by winda as my only 3 in noab i only buy the 3 in noabs when its an effect i cant get otherwise. The 2 in noab on other hand if the price is right ill buy bunchs this was the end of my finale last year. 4020

FireworkNewbie
06-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Wow Robbro, that is a ton of NOABs, that must of looked amazing! I only got 5 cases of them for this year... and that is so they can be sprinkled throughout the show.

esgrillo
06-12-2019, 01:38 PM
After trying several, I have settled with Whacky Tobacky the last several years. I used them in the finale every year usually about 5 cases spread across 3 platforms. Great for a high effect. The breaks are huge and I understand the controversy about NOABs but the reality is all I care about is the real world performance and these look good. Usually have a bunch of fast fused 200g bump bear going at the same time for the low effect.

pfm1700
06-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Dead Ringer by Pyroland is my new favorite NOAB since last year. http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zdz3ZvVlI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zdz3ZvVlI)
Picked up another case (2 to 1) for this year's show. Beautiful affect. Whacky Tobacky is always good as well as LOL.

Robbro097
06-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Wow Robbro, that is a ton of NOABs, that must of looked amazing! I only got 5 cases of them for this year... and that is so they can be sprinkled throughout the show.

Yea i was very happy with it wish i would've spread em out a lil more but every1 enjoyed. The noab boards start at 18:28

https://youtu.be/QZ9OOw9v23U

James76
06-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Agree with most of what is said here. Whacky Tobacky is one of our favorites, and what everything else is judged against. Most people like Mother of all Bombs as much if not more, though it is one of the most expensive NOABS. Double Down by Brothers is new this year and is really good.

Jay_
06-12-2019, 10:59 PM
Double barrel by mad ox is awesome. It’s just a 2 inch shell, but it’s huge symmetrical double breaks that fill the sky. I bought 2 cases last year and have one case left that will be in my show this year.

The only noab that I have this year is pyro candy. Honestly I only got them because they fit a 27 second window in my show that I needed to fill. The videos do look good on them though.

PyroManiacs
06-13-2019, 01:26 AM
At the Intergalactic Fireworks Demo, we fired a new for this year item called Alien Fish by Planet X. Its height was ridiculous...probably one of the highest shooting NOABS Ive seen in a long time. It had really nice breaks with a good crack to them as well. I would def check it out if you could your hands on it.

Pyro Paul
06-13-2019, 07:00 AM
A noab I use which is of the 2 inch variety is called Khaotic Kaboom. It has a nice mix of efffects, I get 4 to a case for around 75.00. Whacky tobacky is one of my must haves and this year I got monstrous brocade ring and Immortal which have nice effects and are an economical version of yin yang and ghost rider. MOAB is a nice nishiki effect but I prefer the Spirit of 76 proline version which I cue up one tube at a time. I also like superstunt which is a reg 500g cake but performs like a noab.

chriskrc
06-13-2019, 07:14 AM
Whacky Tobacky, Mother of All Bombs, lol, Pyro Candy are all great noabs. I love putting some noabs in a show despite the opinions thrown around about them.

FBpyro
06-13-2019, 09:19 AM
Thank you everyone for the input! It's been great reading through the suggestions. I definitely intend to pickup either Whacky Tobacky or MOAB this year!

I can't wait till the fireworks tents open up in my area this year, only 8 more days to go! :D

Wholesale Fireworks
06-13-2019, 03:51 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4021&stc=1 here is an incredible NOAB from your good friend Pyro Dave

jayf
06-16-2019, 11:32 AM
I like to add a few at the end of my show. Last year I got a case of Mother of all Bombs (MOAB) by Winda and everyone loved it. This year I have a case of Double Down by Brothers. Plus I am trying a Magnum Tremors by Racoon Fireworks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnUG6I4AjE

NWA_Fireworks
06-16-2019, 03:22 PM
-MOAB/Nuclear Sunrise/Nishiki Bomb are all good Nishiki/willows
-Double Down (Brothers) has excellent brocade rings with a sphere of red lace effect in the middle
-Yin Yang (Winda) has a massive spherical burst with two different color hemispheres and a brocade ring down the middle.
-Jellyfish King (T-Sky) creates massive 3-D Jellyfish shapes in the sky, complete with long hanging Nishiki tentacles and flying fish mines down low (Shogun and some others have their own version of the jellyfish effect in a NOAB)
-I second Jay’s comment about Double Barrel by Mad Ox. It has 9 2” tubes, but they all double break into massive effects, and may come at a lower price than most NOABs.
-I second someone else’s idea about Super Stunt by Winda. 12 2” shots that hit hard and big (and probably more affordable than a NOAB).
-Whacky Tobacky is fine...nice and big with good hang time, but the effect isn’t that unique. I tend to prefer my NOABs to contain a unique effect that won’t fit in smaller shells/tubes.

Hope this helps!

NWA_Fireworks
06-16-2019, 03:25 PM
I like to add a few at the end of my show. Last year I got a case of Mother of all Bombs (MOAB) by Winda and everyone loved it. This year I have a case of Double Down by Brothers. Plus I am trying a Magnum Tremors by Racoon Fireworks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnUG6I4AjE

Dude...Magnum Tremors looks great! I’d carry that in my tent if I could find a wholesaler that sold it!

jayf
06-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Dude...Magnum Tremors looks great! I’d carry that in my tent if I could find a wholesaler that sold it!

I am not sure how wide spread Racoon Fireworks is. The owner of the place I got told me the Racoon contacted them to see if they would be one of the 1st to have their stuff on the shelves here. He said that Magnum Tremors is one that they helped design.

NWA_Fireworks
06-17-2019, 01:10 AM
I am not sure how wide spread Racoon Fireworks is. The owner of the place I got told me the Racoon contacted them to see if they would be one of the 1st to have their stuff on the shelves here. He said that Magnum Tremors is one that they helped design.

Nice. I get my raccoon from a place in SW Missouri. They’re carrying raccoon for the first time this year. Especially impressed with some of their 60g shells (Nishiki Blast).

chetubet
06-20-2019, 10:53 PM
What is the controversy behind NOABs anyway? I’m sorta out of the loop.

morrison2951
06-21-2019, 09:41 AM
They're marketed as 3" shells but in reality they are not.

Still, my experience with Brothers' Whacky Tobacky has been very positive over the years- especially if you get a good case price.

joed2323
06-21-2019, 10:29 AM
The reason most of us purchase 2/1 noab is mainly due to the effect that you can not find in a 4/1- 9 shot 500g case. Some noabs definently break bigger then a 9 shot 4/1 cake.

There is some very nice 2/1 Noab's out there that are definitely worth the price... I remember the days of having to pay retail for them, yikes they definitely hurt the wallet paying retail. .

There is quite a few noabs out there that are not worth the price and you can buy the same effect in a 4/1 case. Just gotta weed the "bland" noabs

Jay_
06-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Nuclear Sunrise and Sin City, both Hale products are both absolutely ridiculous and some of the best I have seen,

I plan on picking up some of both and finding a place to put them in my show.

FruitLeups
06-21-2019, 03:36 PM
Nuclear Sunrise and Sin City, both Hale products are both absolutely ridiculous and some of the best I have seen,

I plan on picking up some of both and finding a place to put them in my show.

I second the motion on both of those two. Nuclear Sunrise is especially good, in my opinion.