PDA

View Full Version : What a GREAT Discovery

Par4me
06-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Hi Everyone

I found and joined this forum because I saw that Kneppys offered a discount on retail sales. That being said... WOW ! I wish I would have found this place years ago. What a great resource! I was a member of pyrouniverse years ago and just kind of drifted off. I have rediscovered my hobby since the legalization in PA and a couple of friends wanting fireworks for their wedding in September. I decided to upgrade my home built cat5 wired system to an ebayed bilusocn system and try it out on the 4th... Yep last minute but I'm not a complete newb, just a bit rusty.

Well, that's my quick introduction. I'm looking forward to "meeting" everyone rather it is in the now or through past posts. Thanks for the site and opportunity :)

Par4me

PyroJoeNEPA
06-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk. Since you mentioned Kneppys--can I assume you are from PA? If so, which side of the state?
BTW--Joyce at Kneppys will take good care of you. She is a great person and carries a lot of different "brands" of fireworks. Great people, great customer service.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2019, 11:22 PM
Welcome aboard Par4me! If I had a golf handle it would probably be "Snowman" or "Tripboguy". Fortunately I'm much better with pyro than I am with golf clubs.

chriskrc
06-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

Par4me
06-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Thanks Guys. Yeah, the golf handle is more wishful thinking than anything else ;) . As for my location I'm just north of Erie , 10 minutes on the wrong side of the border in that "other" state. lol .

PYRODAN
06-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Thanks Guys. Yeah, the golf handle is more wishful thinking than anything else ;) . As for my location I'm just north of Erie , 10 minutes on the wrong side of the border in that "other" state. lol .

North of Erie?? Do you live in a pineapple under the sea?? lol

Rick_In_Tampa
06-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Lol... Yeah I was going to say... If you live 10min North of Erie you're either a fish, or a Canadian. I love Erie though. I sent them a C-5 for their air show one year, and I was drinking free all day in a bar right outside the airport. Ahhh... Good times.... :o

PyroManiacs
06-11-2019, 11:49 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

I was just up in Erie for the last two years, back in my hometown Philly, now. There's also a bunch of great pyros up around you I might add. Let me know if you want to get out to more "pyro things" up there. I can probably hook it up.

I'm guessing, NY.

Par4me
06-12-2019, 07:21 AM
LOL ! I guess that I never really thought about it much or payed much attention. Yep, a bit "East" of Erie. Just over the border in NY. It used to be great when fireworks weren't legal for PA residents to buy. You needed an out of state one to buy them. Now it's just a pita. Luckily , I'm close enough that I have friends in PA to go light stuff off :)