PDA

View Full Version : Central GA Pyro Junkie

Pyrofarmer
06-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Would like to say hey from the peach state!! Been fascinated since a kid with fireworks. Got into 1.3 when i lived in FL in 2007, racked up quite a few shows under my belt since than. Recently got into hobby shell building last year and attended my first PGI as well. Work with a well known pyro chem website, along with a smaller display company right here in South/Central Georgia. Recently obtained my BATFE 54 which isn't helping the addiction lol but, there are worse things we all could be addicted to!!

PyroManiacs
06-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-06-2019, 02:02 AM
Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you.

jknepp1954
06-06-2019, 06:07 AM
welcome to pyroTalk!
We went to the NFA spring convention in Ga. this past March - nice state. My first time down that way!

chriskrc
06-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

displayfireworks1
06-06-2019, 07:24 AM
Glad to have an experienced pyro from Georgia on the forums. Sounds like you have a nice history of involvement in pyrotechnics. I keep trying to add a fireworks chemical advertisers to pyrotalk and find a reasonable way to promote that field to new enthusiast. I see you are already working for a display company , if you are looking for more work in Georgia , Alabama etc. I am helping to recruit for J And M Displays in that southern region of United States.

Pyrofarmer
06-06-2019, 06:55 PM
Glad to have an experienced pyro from Georgia on the forums. Sounds like you have a nice history of involvement in pyrotechnics. I keep trying to add a fireworks chemical advertisers to pyrotalk and find a reasonable way to promote that field to new enthusiast. I see you are already working for a display company , if you are looking for more work in Georgia , Alabama etc. I am helping to recruit for J And M Displays in that southern region of United States.

Thanks for the welcome Dave! Learned a lot from your YouTube in the early 2000's that helped me become familiar with displays before i even worked my first show. Thought it was neat the first company I worked with was also one you were doing shows for. I'm already on with J&M, since 2015. Have done quite a bit of traveling all over Georgia doing shows. Wanna say 2017 there were at least 15-20 shows that i was lead on for J&M, that'll wear you out quickly lol! It's getting harder and harder for companies to retain and recruit leads/leads with CDL, even people to just work as crew. Been noticing a trend of people not wanting to work on crews either! Sounds like a fairly easy gig to go do until they see the work involved than after the show it sets in that it all has to go back in the truck...had some curse me for having them work back to back shows haha but, it is what it is. Have three companies i'm on with and am really enjoying this new smaller company more and more each time we deal with each other, i have full control over what product i want and who it comes from, designing the show etc which makes it much more enjoyable to know it's literally MY show and not one that was sent to me in a truck. Ran to Indiana/Kentucky this past weekend to finish out product for some upcoming shows. Looking forward to wowing the crowds with stellar sky art they won't forget!

Again, thanks for all the knowledge from your videos! Helped mold more than myself into what we are today within the world of display fireworks!

Pyro Paul
06-07-2019, 08:57 AM
welcome to Pyrotalk!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2019, 01:00 AM
Wow. Sounds like you've had one hell of a good run with J&M. I'm jealous. I wish I was 25 years younger so I had the ability to do all that.

Do you have any video of your shows that you can share?

Pyrofarmer
06-11-2019, 01:59 AM
I have some of the shows on my YouTube channel. Pyrofarmer478. Nothing special, just standard electric shows. Newer videos from this year aren't from J&M, most of the previous shows were J&M. Short amount of time with them, shows were steadily coming my way, hope to shoot more with them going forward!

BeerGuyEd
06-11-2019, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the forums from a fellow GA resident.

FruitLeups
06-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Georgian. Living in the Metro Atlanta area now, but grew up in South Georgia.

Pyrofarmer
06-12-2019, 07:51 PM
More Ga folks on here than I was expecting!

FruitLeups
06-14-2019, 10:25 PM
More Ga folks on here than I was expecting!

Yeah, I had the same reaction. I think the Pyro gene is more dominant in the DNA of Georgians. :)