PDA

View Full Version : Girandolas Fireworks may disappear from USA market

displayfireworks1
10-21-2011, 04:08 PM
One of my favorite fireworks items is the Girandola. Unfortunately rumor has it they may soon be off the market in United States in the 1.4 category. After looking at the performance and poor craftsmanship of the ones in the video you can see why. I think the Consumer Product Safety Commission may have a legitimate concern on these. If you plan on using any of these in your display I would examine the integrity of them prior to use.
I believe the vendor on this item knew these were defective and brought them to us for disposal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHX4lQJptQ

Justintime
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM
That particular girandola was never on the US consumer market. Talking to the person that had them I was told they were an old display (class B) item and held for the venue in which they were used.

Palermitano2
10-21-2011, 07:22 PM
I wanna see more people carry the reloadable ones ....Hint Hint.......lol

Justintime
10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Any particular ones you've seen and liked.

pyromustang
10-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I had someone set off one of those off in the parking lot at a display. landed on top of my setup. just glad it did not set it off.

Dart
10-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Dave, what was the name of the ones that were defective/, so i dont buy them buy accident.

My understanding is girandolas can no longer be shipped, I tried to order some from 2 seperate wholesalers who both refused to sell based on EX# issues.

(before someone posts " got brothers american bongos shipped....etc." that is not a true girandola item)

Justintime
10-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Dart the girandolas in question we're imported about 6 years ago and are display fireworks (class B). they are not consumer fireworks today yesterday or six years ago

Palermitano2
10-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Any particular ones you've seen and liked.

Legend Brand UFO.....3 reloads to a kit..

Blackdevil77
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I have never seen any of these for sale, I gotta check with Kneppy's fireworks

Pyro Nation
10-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I would agree with the Legend Brand UFO, just check everything is tight on it.. I had one was pretty loose the driver that is.. Had to correct before firing it off