PDA

View Full Version : Fusing tube fountains together on a board (tips)

MontanaMike
05-24-2019, 11:22 PM
I have a case of 48 tube-shaped fountains, with the fuses on the top. I have this idea of putting them on long boards, about 12 fountains to a board, and each fountain will be about 8" apart. I want to put one fuse on the end and chain them all together....assuming I'm using yellow fast-fuse, any ideas on how I can keep the fuse from flying around inbetween each fountain? Or does it go off fast enough that it's not a concern?

I thought about running a wooden "rail" along the tops of the fountains and stapling the fuse to that every inch or so, but does anybody have any other thoughts for keeping the fuse in check?

Robbro097
05-24-2019, 11:29 PM
I dont think theyr would b a problem if im reading it right but if ur concerned i would tape it to a wire nothing too heavy but something kind of ridged but i think youd b just fine without

Robbro097
05-25-2019, 12:37 AM
Oh and iv also seen ppl tape it to a heavy slow waterproof visco to make more rigid

Pyro6
05-25-2019, 05:41 AM
I did exactly this same thing last year. I placed 24 of them next to one another on a 10 foot by 2 foot long metal plank that was 3 feet off the ground. I used zip ties to fuse them together with visco and had them go off in succession followed by 12 of those large 200 shot Roman candles. It was pretty cool and the crowd loved it! I tried to post a picture of the setup or a video but for some reason (perhaps i’m a bit of a technological idiot lol) can’t.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-25-2019, 11:40 AM
First of all, staples and visco is not a good idea--staples can produce sparks and cause a premature ignition and burn hazard. Not so bad with fountains, but I have seen guys do it with shells.falls in the category of a big "no-no".
If your fountain tubes are secured on a board, you can use zip ties--or brown paper tape--to secure your main fuse to each of the fountain fuses. Give them a gentle tug before you do this & be sure they are "seated" firmly in the fountain tube. If they are not, just push the fuse in & use a small wad of kleenex tissue or toilet paper to hold them in the tube before you zip tie or tape them. The visco will not fly around enough to pull itself away from the tubes.
If you want them to light very fast, ignite them from the center of a row and have the fuse burn left & right at the same time.
The yellow fast fuse that I have burns at 6/10 ft per second..but there are several types & burn rates of fuse out there these days.
Good luck with the project & let us know how it works out.