PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day Gas Mortar

cherrybomb1
05-18-2019, 11:21 PM
I finally got around to trying out my gas mortar on Mothers Day everything went off without a hitch despite the rain.Shout out to cptnding for all your help!

cherrybomb1
05-18-2019, 11:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIRYHO95Nw
Here is the link to the video of the gas Mortar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIRYHO95Nw

Robbro097
05-19-2019, 12:03 AM
Looks great i didnt see anything on the ground. Well done

Rick_In_Tampa
05-19-2019, 03:49 AM
Yes it looked awesome! Great job.

Icooclast
05-19-2019, 04:52 PM
that was pretty cool. imagine a few of those let off one right after the other

joed2323
05-19-2019, 05:55 PM
How many gallons of gas was this? How much bp did you end up using for this one?

I normally use pyrodex ffg with a pinch of titanium

Love to hear what others use and their mixture. I have only shot 2.5 gallon fireballs and smaller. This year i plan to shoot 5 gallon fireballs in my show. Have atleast 15 of them planned with a Brothers Osborne song

cherrybomb1
05-20-2019, 02:36 AM
How many gallons of gas was this? How much bp did you end up using for this one?

I normally use pyrodex ffg with a pinch of titanium

Love to hear what others use and their mixture. I have only shot 2.5 gallon fireballs and smaller. This year i plan to shoot 5 gallon fireballs in my show. Have atleast 15 of them planned with a Brothers Osborne song

joed2323,i used 6 in mortars with 2 gallons of gas,130 grams of Goex FFg and a pinch of titanium.Shooting off 15 5 gallons ones would almost be a show in itself!.Thanks everyone for the positive comments...if your on the fence about trying this out its actually pretty easy.

joed2323
05-20-2019, 10:22 AM
joed2323,i used 6 in mortars with 2 gallons of gas,130 grams of Goex FFg and a pinch of titanium.Shooting off 15 5 gallons ones would almost be a show in itself!.Thanks everyone for the positive comments...if your on the fence about trying this out its actually pretty easy.

Wow cool.

130 grams for 2 gallons of gas? Seems alittle steep on the bp?? I normally use about 40-42 grams per gallon of fuel.

Not saying you are doing it wrong, if anything you are over lifting a tad

Have you played around with adding more or less grams of bp per gallon of fuel? If not may i please suggest you trying a smaller bp charge, you may like the way the fuel burns going slightly smaller with the bp

cherrybomb1
05-21-2019, 01:51 AM
Wow cool.

130 grams for 2 gallons of gas? Seems alittle steep on the bp?? I normally use about 40-42 grams per gallon of fuel.

Not saying you are doing it wrong, if anything you are over lifting a tad

Have you played around with adding more or less grams of bp per gallon of fuel? If not may i please suggest you trying a smaller bp charge, you may like the way the fuel burns going slightly smaller with the bp

joed2323,that was my first attempt at a gas mortar and I was just happy everything worked...that being said I will cut down on the bp and see how things go.I plan on shooting off 2 for my July 4th show.Thanks for the input!

joed2323
05-21-2019, 11:43 AM
joed2323,that was my first attempt at a gas mortar and I was just happy everything worked...that being said I will cut down on the bp and see how things go.I plan on shooting off 2 for my July 4th show.Thanks for the input!

Yeah man glad everything worked out for you. Hopefully you didnt take my post wrong as in i was picking at you and the amount of bp used, if it came across that way to you I apologize. Any fuel mine that doesnt have burning fuel land back on the ground is a successful fuel mine in my opinion. Water covering the charge definitely helps and is a must, for me atleast...