PDA

View Full Version : thinking of you displayfireworks1 today

hatsgoods
05-18-2019, 07:18 PM
i had to go to a U-Haul place to return a cargo van i rented and, BOOM! there it was! your magic tape. they had it in lengths rolls of yards, 30 and 55 yards. i was gonna get some but my bank card was not working :mad: and i had no cash. so i couldn't get a roll or 2. any way a nice day everyone. :) ;)

displayfireworks1
05-18-2019, 07:45 PM
It is the best for fireworks connections and repair. Maybe next time you can get a roll or two.
https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Image/GetMedia/?id=822&media=31451

Robbro097
05-18-2019, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the reminder im pretty close to out i typically grab a few rolls of it when i rent trailer to pick up fireworks that stuff grips paper products like nothhing else

Rick_In_Tampa
05-19-2019, 03:58 AM
I rented a U Haul truck this weekend to clean out my garage and then haul wood boards for my show this year. I asked the lady if they had any packaging tape. She said no! She said I'd have to go to Home Depot to get tape because U Haul doesn't carry it anymore. WTH....

nightstalker
05-19-2019, 10:08 PM
Grizzly has their Fiber Reinforced Brown Tape 12 rolls for $9.95. Cost $20 with shipping. It comes in 2" and 2 3/8" wide x 150'. I got some and it seems to work good but it is not self sticking. Have to use water. I will remember UHaul when I need more.

stark2210
05-22-2019, 11:23 AM
Grizzly has their Fiber Reinforced Brown Tape 12 rolls for $9.95. Cost $20 with shipping. It comes in 2" and 2 3/8" wide x 150'. I got some and it seems to work good but it is not self sticking. Have to use water. I will remember UHaul when I need more.

Thank you so much for the note.
Hope you well !

displayfireworks1
05-22-2019, 01:06 PM
At Rick , I would be shocked to hear that. Was she an independent franchise or was it a large company store?

nightstalker
05-22-2019, 06:34 PM
if you go here www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Tape/ you can enter your zip code and it will tell you store availibility and how many in stock. You can order online and it will be ready for you. Hope this helps.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-22-2019, 11:30 PM
At Rick , I would be shocked to hear that. Was she an independent franchise or was it a large company store?

It was run out of a body shop. So I'm guessing independent franchise. There are 5 of them within 5 miles of my house, and NONE of them ever have tape. One is a large brick and mortar U Haul store too. Very odd. I ended up finding it on Amazon (of course) and I have a 3 pack on the way.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-22-2019, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the link nightstalker! I do appreciate the help.

hatsgoods
05-23-2019, 02:34 PM
It is the best for fireworks connections and repair. Maybe next time you can get a roll or two.
https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Image/GetMedia/?id=822&media=31451

ohhh, heck yea im getting me a at least 5 rolls middle of this June for some shows i have coming up. i can never have to many rolls of the magic U- Hual tape and i also carry 2 rolls of aluminum foil tape to cover my fast visco fuse on chains and any open spots on quickmatch. then at last i have a thin roll of cheap but good stickiness ( 3M brand ) like the 1/2 inch wide masking tape to tape down any quickmtach leaders to the wooden parts of the racks on a hand lit show, so when i go to pull the safety fuse cap off, the leader stays in place. i might just bite the bullet and buy a 4 or 5 pack of the 55 yard rolls online. what do you pyros ( and Dave - displayfireworks1 ) think? should i get it online now or wait till there's a sale of some sort?