PDA

View Full Version : FlashFire! A homemade fireworks firing system

FBpyro
05-14-2019, 09:16 PM
Not trying to solicit or anything, just would like to share the fruits of my labor. I haven't been on the forum in a while due to school and life, however after muddling around in my free-time for the last year and a half, I have developed my own firing system which proves to be an excellent alternative to the pricey competitors out there.

I know I know, "people will do anything to save 50 cents" haha. The surprising realization to me is that when I calculated it, my bill of materials or BOM cost, is still way more affordable than the retail price of other systems on the market.

Please check out my website if your'e interested in learning more.

https://fbutkovich.wixsite.com/flashfire

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3937&stc=1

jamisonlm3
05-14-2019, 10:18 PM
No offesnse, but that website is pretty sketchy. Why not make some videos and upload them to youtube about your firing system first instead of sending people to a website with just a few pictures?

FBpyro
05-14-2019, 10:33 PM
jamisonlm3,

None taken! Thank you for your constructive criticism. The website is a work-in-progress, I suppose I was just to eager not to share.

I do indeed plan to make a video overview regarding the system, just haven't had time yet. Will definitely update the website when I do so.

DavidthePyro
05-15-2019, 07:36 AM
I've been working on a system that includes 20 wired channels and will soon include a few wireless modules of 4-8 channels each. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to set up the wireless portion, so I have some extra parts set aside for that. May just do a multi cue per channel half fused show. This early into using a firing system, I think it may be wise for me to take that approach

FBpyro
05-15-2019, 08:49 AM
David,

It's cool to know there are other members of the pyro community which also like to design their own firing systems. I'm curious, how are you going about having wireless channel's for your system? Are you using a long range radio transciever?

My system has 64 cues which I can even check the continuity of! All from the software program I developed to run it.

DavidthePyro
05-15-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure of the hardware I'm going to use yet, it will definitely be a radio signal, but I'm still deciding if I want to go based upon simplicity of design or function versatility as my experience grows. I was thinking of using an arduino and relay boards, but I'm not sure I want to do that still

FBpyro
05-17-2019, 08:37 AM
For anyone still browsing this thread. The website URL has been updated to:

https://flashfiresystem.wixsite.com/flashfire

morrison2951
06-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Nice work! Right now I'm using pre-owned '76 Pro Line 4 cue and 6 cue modules along with another 12 cue Chinese system. A new firing system would be nice to have! ;)

Mattp
06-05-2019, 12:39 PM
you made that??? like in your garage??lol.. thats pretty amazing!!!

FBpyro
06-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Matt,

Yes I did! Thank you very much!

Not in my garage but metaphorically yes haha. I have been developing it for the last year and a half or so. Can't wait to test it out this year on some real pyro!

FBpyro
06-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Thank you morrison2951! I can easily say the main disadvantage of my system is the relatively short range (<200ft) due to it being a wired firing system, however the amount of cues the user gets for the total price of the system is unbeatable!
And the fact that you can still check continuity on all cues is really cool too!

Please consider my firing system if you are looking to get a new one in the future. I would love to build you one!

Make sure to check out my website for the most up to date specs and info.

FBpyro
06-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Thank you morrison2951!

If you are looking into getting a new firing system in the near future I hope you consider FLASHFIRE to be the one!

I would be glad to build a system for you.

bani
07-05-2020, 06:17 AM
For anyone still browsing this thread. The website URL has been updated to:

https://flashfiresystem.wixsite.com/flashfire

page seems gone. error 404.