PDA

View Full Version : East pa SO76 order

Mattp
05-13-2019, 10:12 AM
anyone in eastern PA ordering or ordered and expecting a shipment from SO76 this year.. can you PM me.. i have a few questions

jknepp1954
05-13-2019, 06:32 PM
I heard they closed last year 'cause they don't have the license to sell in PA? or so i heard?

PyroManiacs
05-13-2019, 07:32 PM
I just went an checked... this was their last google review for that location...

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/a128/KillaNinjaChuklz/0/0f98b116-559f-4f85-9775-5cccce3d15bb-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

lawpyro
05-13-2019, 09:29 PM
only a short ride for me. Never been there

cptnding
05-13-2019, 11:54 PM
They still ship to PA but closed the Easton warehouse a year or so ago. I don't think they ever had retail sales there. Just wholesale.

Icooclast
05-14-2019, 01:45 AM
so, if you order from the PA location on their website... it just takes your money and you get nothing? or does the MI location receive it and ship it?

Rick_In_Tampa
05-14-2019, 02:10 AM
I paid my tab yesterday and I have 1500lbs of goodies on their way to me from SO76 right now. Where they come from I really don't care. As long as the right stuff shows up next week.

If you order from the Pa store; unless they're out of stock on that item company wide; it will show up on your doorstep.

displayfireworks1
05-14-2019, 04:20 AM
i'm not speaking for any fireworks company when I talk about this. There was some legal theory used in the past that as long as you pick the product up at the truck depot it was not really sold in that state of location. The product was still in commerce at the truck depot and not really sold in that state. Or it is picked up at a truck depot very close to the border of the state you live in.

Mattp
05-14-2019, 07:21 AM
ill start by saying i love SO76 and am in no way criticizing them personally..i fully understand what happened and am grateful for them working with me on this issue.. that is why i mentioned to PM me.. Yes with the new PA fireworks laws they have not ironed out the kinks yet.. and it was originally set to ship from Missouri directly to my brothers house,, then it got changed to a freight terminal near by.. fine. ... but just got a call the other day saying that can no longer happen.. best option to do is to ship it to a freight terminal in MD.. and i can pick it up there.. but thats now a 2+ hr drive one way plus im already coming from a 2hr NY-PA drive to get my van... too late in the game to cancel the order and start over from somewhere else..it just kind of sucks!!! could be worse... was just curious if others were in the same boat/ venting at the same time.. and yes dont quote me.. but i do believes its because the new PA firework laws say all firework warehouses must be freestanding buildings.. they had to close their PA location.. oh ya i saw that google review too..lol.. that guy just sounds like an a$$h0le.. they definitely do not steal your $

PyroManiacs
05-14-2019, 08:39 PM
.. oh ya i saw that google review too..lol.. that guy just sounds like an a$$h0le.. they definitely do not steal your $

Yea. no doubt lol. He probably had something like this happen to him too.

Mattp
05-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Now i have a new question... ive never had to deal with fireworks being shipped by freight carrier... i just checked the status on my shipment.. it has been shipped but is now delayed due to a “hazardous material issue”... anyone ever have this happen??

Rick_In_Tampa
05-15-2019, 11:44 PM
Not me. My SO76 order left MO yesterday and it's already here in Tampa. I got a call today from UPS to schedule a delivery day/time. I have MJG initiators in my order too. So I'm not sure what you could have that would possibly cause that kind of issue.

jayf
05-16-2019, 01:59 AM
I had similar issues with my order from SO76 last month. Ordered it on a Monday night, scheduled to be delivered the following Friday. It sat from Wednesday until the next Monday with no updates. I emailed/called my SO76 rep. and once he got back to me he said UPS said that they could not deliver "hazardous material" to me and needed to contract with another shipping company to get it to me. I finally got on the following Saturday, 8 days later than the delivery was scheduled for. I will defiantly have a chat with my rep. if I have them shipped again!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-16-2019, 04:23 AM
Lovely... Well I have to call the UPS people this morning to schedule an appointment to have my goodies delivered. Hopefully I don't run into the same issue. I'll let you know.

Mattp
05-16-2019, 06:18 AM
Fu€#... that is exactly whats happening.. just sitting there still in missouri for a full day now.. you would think ups would contact me or them though.. man this shippment is causing me so much stress this year.. i took off work to plan for picking up this delivery too.. now im going to have to change that..

PyroManiacs
05-16-2019, 06:26 AM
This is why I NEVER get involved with shipping. It completely eliminates any chance of things like this from happening.

Mattp
05-16-2019, 06:46 AM
This is why I NEVER get involved with shipping. It completely eliminates any chance of things like this from happening.
this is the first time for me... possibly last.. but that will eliminate alot of products for me to get..especially the pro items.. the closest places are to far for me to drive for now.. i have 2,4 and 6 year old kids..my wife would kill me if i took a day or two road trip to go pickup fireworks.. LOL..

Mattp
05-16-2019, 06:51 AM
Update: hopefully this works out.. But i just checked the tracking again.. and it says "in transit" as of 10pm last night!!!! and the ETA is still the same!!!

joed2323
05-16-2019, 12:31 PM

Im with you on the shipping.

I travel to pickup my orders, yes it cost money to travel but it completely eliminates issues with orders, plus more pyro can be picked up last minute.

Mattp
05-16-2019, 02:22 PM
ive been following this tracking very closely today..lol.. just as an extra kick in the nuts.. it is now at a ups facility waiting for transfer....IN PENNSYLVANIA.. hahaha..i guarantee it drives right past where i originally couldve picked it up... that is the story of my life ... one step forward two steps back!!!

Icooclast
05-16-2019, 02:23 PM
i've never had a problem with shipping, not like you guys are describing. i ordered from 76 a long time ago, that order was 159 cases and it went off with out a hitch. same with my order from bigs (even longer ago) now 1 company didn't tell me that the shipping was COD, so the driver had to wait for my dad to go to the bank. i got the shipping statement in the mail a couple days later and it said on there. but i had no clue because my fireworks beat it to me. lol. i also can't understand what you could have on there to have it held up like that

even though my order was a very long time ago (and before pro stuff was available) i don't see how it could have happened. now i have had packages from the post office get delayed because they had to go right through the aftermath of one of those hurricanes. but that's usps, not freight. i would really talk with them and see what's going on. like i said, i didn't have this problem with 76 when i ordered from them (then again it was a LONG time ago)

Mattp
05-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Im sure 95% of the shipping goes off without issue.. but being my first time dealjng with it makes it more stressful fpr me... i dont know all the rules of transport.. but maybe there was just a temporary issue where explosive materials cant be on certain trucks... it may happen all the time and because im watching the tracking like a hawk i noticed it right away.. but i really dont know

joed2323
05-16-2019, 05:51 PM
Im sure 95% of the shipping goes off without issue.. but being my first time dealjng with it makes it more stressful fpr me... i dont know all the rules of transport.. but maybe there was just a temporary issue where explosive materials cant be on certain trucks... it may happen all the time and because im watching the tracking like a hawk i noticed it right away.. but i really dont know

Hope it works out for you man. I suppose if you called 76 for advice they probably cant really offer much assistance since the issue is with ups and not 76?

Robbro097
05-16-2019, 07:12 PM
Iv never had fireworks shipped to me before but have had tons of hazmat and i had some mjg get hung up at a place for a long time for something like that then after i was bout to give up hope they came lol

Bad Alibi Scott
05-16-2019, 11:39 PM
My order from 76 shipped today also. Hoping I have no issues like you're having Mattp. I too am watching the tracking like a hawk.

Mattp
05-18-2019, 07:21 AM
I have a feeling it was just a temporary issue due to truck restrictions/placards.. becasue after that “delayed”.. it got moving again, arrived on time, and is now at the facility awaiting my pickup!!!!

joewad
05-18-2019, 11:44 AM
It's been a long time since I've been dependent upon shipping but based on my experience........take a breath, all will be fine.