PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania

lawpyro
04-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Hello everyone, First post here and new to the display fireworks scene. I obtained my ATF license back in October and will be attending PGI training in May. Recently purchased a cobra system and some 1.75 and 2inch mortar tubes to start and I am working on building racks. Looking to make contacts near me to help on display sets and learn. I have a fulltime career in Law Enforcement but Pyro has always intrigued me. I plan on building a small side business in the Pyro community for when I retire. Nice to meet everyone! Be safe!

Wholesale Fireworks
04-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the forum Lawpyro

lawpyro
04-27-2019, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Lawpyro

Thank you!!

Markefox12
04-27-2019, 12:48 PM
Hey Lawpyro,
I live in the Lehigh Valley as well (Easton, PA).
Like you....I obtained my ATF permit last year, but I think it was in September.
Are you doing the PGI training with FireArt in May?
I'll be at the FireArt open shoot (Friday) and doing the PGI training class on Saturday.
You said you do law enforcement and I work with security systems. Sounds like we need to meet up and talk.

Well, welcome to the pyro community.

PyroManiacs
04-27-2019, 02:02 PM
Welcome Lawpyro!

The class your are attending in May, is it the one by Celebration Fireworks?

lawpyro
04-27-2019, 04:13 PM
Yes it is, Celebration is only about 20 mins from me.

lawpyro
04-27-2019, 04:14 PM
Sounds good! Ill be attending the PGI at Celebration.

PyroManiacs
04-28-2019, 12:25 AM
Yes it is, Celebration is only about 20 mins from me.

Cool, I will see you there.

jknepp1954
04-28-2019, 07:33 AM
Welcome lawpyro! Pyrotalk is a good place to chat. If you are ever up inCentral Pa. (Penn State territory!) we are just off I-80, exit 133. Stop in @ Kneppy's Fireworks! Good luck in your PGI course

jknepp1954
04-28-2019, 07:34 AM
Hey Lawpyro,
I live in the Lehigh Valley as well (Easton, PA).
Like you....I obtained my ATF permit last year, but I think it was in September.
Are you doing the PGI training with FireArt in May?
I'll be at the FireArt open shoot (Friday) and doing the PGI training class on Saturday.
You said you do law enforcement and I work with security systems. Sounds like we need to meet up and talk.

Well, welcome to the pyro community.

Welcome Markefox! Pyrotalk is a good place to chat. If you are ever up in Central Pa. (Penn State territory!) we are just off I-80, exit 133. Stop in @ Kneppy's Fireworks! Good luck in your PGI course - when you go to Fire Art - you are passing right past our store - stop in if yo get a chance

PyroJoeNEPA
04-28-2019, 05:14 PM
Welcome lawpyro andMarkefox12. It is good to see mpre pyros from PA on here. I am in Schuylkill County.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-29-2019, 12:04 AM
Welcome aboard Lawpyro. It's good to have a new face with a law enforcement background on the boards. As I understand it, 1.4G fireworks just became legal in Pa. What was your personal policy regarding enforcing the anti-pyro laws before they became legal? I live in Florida where fireworks are still illegal. But the police never seem to care.

bigred00
04-29-2019, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum. I'm near Pottstown. Still negotiating a day pass from the CFO for the course at Celebration on Saturday. Hopefully will see you all there.

lawpyro
04-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Welcome aboard Lawpyro. It's good to have a new face with a law enforcement background on the boards. As I understand it, 1.4G fireworks just became legal in Pa. What was your personal policy regarding enforcing the anti-pyro laws before they became legal? I live in Florida where fireworks are still illegal. But the police never seem to care.

Everyone receives a warning the first time, of course safety and local ordinances ( noise ordinance) play as a factor. Before they were legal as long as it was done safely and nobody was shooting for a constant period of time, we looked the other way. Being the only pyro in my department I made sure to supply everyone with a print out of the fireworks laws when 1.4g became legal. We received more complaints when they became legal vs. when they were illegal. As a pyro enthusiast and a Police Officer I always try to educate the public whenever I receive a complaint. Most people don't understand the laws but when its in black in white right in front of them they are usually more understanding about the situation.

lawpyro
04-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Cool, I will see you there.

Sounds good!

Fire Art
04-29-2019, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the boards. Hope you get a chance to check us out at Fire Art at some point.

Al

Pyro Paul
04-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-01-2019, 05:40 AM
Well that's cool. I'm glad to see common sense and discretion comes into play. That seems to be the case down here. Like I said, they're totally illegal here but it seems like there's a tent on every corner and the whole town it lit up every year, and I've never heard of someone getting jacked up by the cops. I suspect cops love their pyro just as much as the rest of us.