PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Calgary, Canada

JoshuaBlanchette
04-27-2019, 02:58 AM
Hello, Everyone!

I am so glad to of found this amazing site!

My name is Josh and I have been fascinated with pyro since I was very young. After several talks from the fire department, principles, and parents, I was greatly discouraged to play with fire even though I never damaged anything lol. I was always told that becoming a pyro tech was something that you have to be born into in order to get experience and have a career in the field and to pretty much forget it. At 30 years old, I have found out that this is anything further from the truth.

Tomorrow I am taking my safety course to work towards becoming a fireworks display supervisor to finally follow my dreams. Luckily, I am an electrical engineering tech who specializes in high voltage power and automation, and I hope some of my skills are going to be transferable.

Ultimately I would love to find a master pyro tech that I could work for and learn everything from. I am interested in everything from show design, setup and execution, making custom fireworks, rules and regulations, and anything else that has to do with the whole process. If anyone is interested in a 6'3 apprentice that would move anywhere in the world for this opportunity, and isn't afraid of a hard days work, I'd love to hear from you. I'd work my butt off for you.

PyroManiacs
04-27-2019, 02:16 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

You'll find a lot of good info here.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-29-2019, 12:08 AM
Welcome aboard Josh! I'm sure you'll learn a lot from the good people on this forum.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-29-2019, 08:21 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk Josh. I am glad to see you following your dreams.