PDA

View Full Version : It Doesn't Look Good

jamisonlm3
04-24-2019, 12:17 AM
A couple of months ago, I was talking with a guy who said that many people were still waiting for their fireworks for this season. Since then, It seems some products has been making it in. Now, it doesn't look good. Has anyone seen this (http://dominatorfireworks.com/2019_China_Fireworks_Shipping_Crisis.html) or know more about it?

joed2323
04-24-2019, 07:19 AM
Yes if you have product on order that is listed as on order chances are that it probably will not make it in time

I originally had probably 10-12 cases from my order that were listed as on order, i changed my order up and only ordered what would make the delivery date for order pickup. Definitely sucks but atleast i am about 95% sure most of my order will be available when i pickup product

DavidthePyro
04-24-2019, 07:34 AM
I was told that 3 of my preorder products would not be coming in. 2 of those were Dominator brand. The good news is that usually wholesalers know far enough in advance that you'll have ample time to substitute those products with other products that will be available. I am guessing that this ends up in large shortages of certain sought after products, perhaps even shortages of inventory entirely. I always order before demo days start, and I try to make sure the majority of my order is already in stock. The sucky thing is that preorders are usually the things I really want, because why preorder something if there is an equivalent product readily available? It does, however, make me nervous.

jknepp1954
04-24-2019, 08:14 AM
Some importers are starting to get product out to move - i guess things were finalized/checked BEFORE this Chinese Gov doo dah!
We have leaving April 25, 26, and hopefully May 1. But takes each one about 5 weeks to arrive.

Jay_
04-24-2019, 10:38 AM
I talked to John at American wholesale Monday and he said that he had containers with dominator and S/O 76 product that reportedly had shipped in the last few days.

Out of 4 items that are holding my order up, the only one that I can’t easily substitute for are the Pfx548c instant crackle cakes. I certainly have my fingers crossed on those.

Rocketshooter
04-24-2019, 03:06 PM
OOOh Those are nice, I've used them before.

Robbro097
04-24-2019, 04:21 PM
I talked to John at American wholesale Monday and he said that he had containers with dominator and S/O 76 product that reportedly had shipped in the last few days.

Out of 4 items that are holding my order up, the only one that I can’t easily substitute for are the Pfx548c instant crackle cakes. I certainly have my fingers crossed on those.

Iv got 3 cases of the instant crackle ordered from them planning on ending my show shooting groups of 3 or 4 at a time right after eachother should make for a very loud cap on the show, provided theyr not stuck on a port in China that is. Hopefully all is good with american fireworks shipments

Deanbc
04-24-2019, 05:57 PM
I noticed quite a bit of product for S76 that was sold out is now in transit. Should be in stock in about 30 days. Stuff I’d coming.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-25-2019, 12:22 AM
Glad to hear the SO76 stuff is on the way. I have 3 items on back order and I REALLY don't want to sub them out!

NWA_Fireworks
04-25-2019, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear the SO76 stuff is on the way. I have 3 items on back order and I REALLY don't want to sub them out!

I gotta ask, Rick, which 3 items???

Deanbc
04-25-2019, 09:20 AM
Here is what I did. Unfortunately I went ahead and already subbed out. I designed my show with a backup product for each item. If you don’t see your items listed as In Transit (listed in orange) you might want to sub out. I look at the site every other day or so to check status. If you wait too long you might not get comparable product. Once you see it switch over to In Transit it could then take up to 5 weeks to arrive at the warehouse. I would also check with your Sales person to actually see if they are expecting back order (listed in red) to actually show up. Some of mine didn’t last year and upon checking was advised accordingly so I made adjustments.

Mattp
04-25-2019, 11:14 PM
Same with me.. Had same situation last year.. So I already made my subs and ordered

Rick_In_Tampa
04-29-2019, 01:02 AM
I gotta ask, Rick, which 3 items???

GM165 - Hog Smash
SE418 - 3 Layer Blue to Silver to Gold Gerb w/ e-match (20sec x 15ft)
GM783 - War of Willows

And now I'm seeing that another item that was listed as in stock is now out of stock.

SE163A - 15s SuperSweep Silver Cascade w/ Red Mine (25mm)

And one more that was listed as in stock is now delayed

GM416 - 36s Timerain Crackle (20sec)

This is getting worse instead of better!

joed2323
04-29-2019, 05:36 AM
GM165 - Hog Smash
SE418 - 3 Layer Blue to Silver to Gold Gerb w/ e-match (20sec x 15ft)
GM783 - War of Willows

And now I'm seeing that another item that was listed as in stock is now out of stock.

SE163A - 15s SuperSweep Silver Cascade w/ Red Mine (25mm)

And one more that was listed as in stock is now delayed

GM416 - 36s Timerain Crackle (20sec)

This is getting worse instead of better!

I was bummed also with the se418 not making it. Look on the bright side though, it could be alot worse. Did you already find replacements and sub out i hope

FireworkNewbie
04-29-2019, 06:44 AM
I was waiting for Hog Smash to come in as well and finally just decided to go without, didn't want to... really didn't, but maybe next year. Cant get too upset with 23 cases of other fine products. Finally got the Nishiki's I could never get... so that's good as well.

Deanbc
04-29-2019, 01:53 PM
But they may have already picked your items and placed a hold on them when you ordered. Check with your salesperson.

Mattp
04-30-2019, 08:09 AM
But they may have already picked your items and placed a hold on them when you ordered. Check with your salesperson.

yes.. i do believe once you place your order.. those items come off their inventory so your order can be filled... even if it takes a month or two those items are now reserved for you.. but yes.. should double check with your sales person

Robbro097
04-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Shanghai to temporarily resume shipping from may1-20 so well experience delays but looks like they'll b making em here after all

Robbro097
04-30-2019, 06:26 PM
http://dominatorfireworks.com/2019_China_Fireworks_Shipping_Crisis.html

jamisonlm3
04-30-2019, 08:21 PM
So, now it's a race to get all the product you can in time for the 4th? And this is only until the 20th. Man, what a mess this is.

Robbro097
04-30-2019, 09:21 PM
Yea theyr going to b busy loading boats thats for sure

cptnding
04-30-2019, 09:52 PM
http://dominatorfireworks.com/2019_China_Fireworks_Shipping_Crisis.html

Interesting. Thanks for posting. And right in the middle of that mess is the infamous Mr. Ding once again.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-01-2019, 05:47 AM
I was bummed also with the se418 not making it. Look on the bright side though, it could be alot worse. Did you already find replacements and sub out i hope

I have not. My sales guy hasn't told me to give up on it yet. The website shows it coming in the middle of the month. So I'm going to hold out hope that it arrives.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-01-2019, 05:49 AM
yes.. i do believe once you place your order.. those items come off their inventory so your order can be filled... even if it takes a month or two those items are now reserved for you.. but yes.. should double check with your sales person

Deanbc/Mattp - I did check with him. He said I'm good to go on the 2 new items. I really don't understand their process, but I'm going to dig deeper into it when I see them at PGI this year.

TNtwister
05-01-2019, 01:10 PM
I'm used to making 2 trips in June to get stuff every year. China always has hiccups. Keep a healthy stash of popular stuff and you'll be fine.

krayg
05-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Repost... ignore