PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Northeast

pyrokid16
04-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Hello Everyone!
My name is Derek and I am a pyro enthusiast of all types, including consumer fireworks, professional fireworks and stage pyrotechnics. I am originally from New York but have temporally relocated to the state of Maine for college. I currently work in the event production industry as a stagehand, audio technician, lighting tech/electrician and Live Sound engineer, and have some training and experience with proximity pyrotechnics for use in theatre and live concerts. I have also done some backyard pyro over the years and am looking forward to building a small backyard consumer show this summer. I love learning more about pyro from this fourm and contributing to some discussions! Thanks!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-22-2019, 11:13 PM
Welcome pyrokid16! Beautiful part of the country you live in. Not very pyro friendly as I understand it.

PyroManiacs
04-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Welcome Derek! Im about to dabble a bit in the stagehand work here in Philly. Im looking forward to it. Trying to dip my hands in as many cookie jars as I can.
I currently work in real estate, pyro, electronic music production(techno), and the upcoming stagehand work. Glad to have you aboard.

Fire Art
04-23-2019, 02:47 PM
Welcome aboard!

PyroJoeNEPA
04-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk Derek.
If anyone asks you what the difference between Duct Tape and Gaffers Tape is---the correct answer is "about $8.00 a roll more for the gaffers tape".

nayslayer
04-24-2019, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard. I love Maine, actually going up to Boothbay Harbor in July. Fireworks are illegal, except Rockets and arial stuff i think. And weed, weed is legal too, ha!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-25-2019, 12:16 AM
Weed and rockets.... Sounds like the perfect combination. What can go wrong there eh?! :confused:

nayslayer
04-25-2019, 06:37 AM
Sky high!!

Wholesale Fireworks
04-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Welcome Derek. I really miss Maine, It's been a while since I was there. We have a few stores that carry our product if you are looking for something different. You can find AFW items at Newport Fireworks and Maine fireworks