PDA

View Full Version : Hello From The Glas City Toledo Ohio

phantomofthepyro
04-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Hello fellow pyros, im not really new here but it has been a while since I posted last, just wanted to get on here and say hi to everyone and meet some new friends and pick up some new techniques and learn about new products

displayfireworks1
04-20-2019, 07:54 AM
I remember doing a fireworks display in Toledo years back along the river. A group of prostitutes got mad at us because they couldn't set up shop with their Johns parking in the spot we were using. LOL I remember that plus I drove a new International truck and got one mile from the Zambelli plant in PA and realized the air conditioning didn't work. I always have problems with those dam International trucks and they are new trucks. Not sure if anyone saw my "Range Inhibited " video where the gear selector will move but the truck does not go into gear.

PyroJD2
04-20-2019, 09:37 AM
Hello, I am also from the Toledo area.
15 years ago I would say Toledo had quality displays. Not a valid statement these days. This last year they shot what looked like straight case vollies, with long pauses between effects.

displayfireworks1
04-20-2019, 09:47 AM
That's because I was not there to shoot it. Lol

Rick_In_Tampa
04-21-2019, 12:37 AM
Wow... Prostitutes, trucks, and broken gears. There's a Hollywood movie in there somewhere.

I work with a guy from Toledo. I wish he was back in Toledo. I don't say that because I'm originally from Cleveland either. :cool:

phantomofthepyro
04-21-2019, 01:45 AM
I cant say much about the shows here, I havent been to one in about 6 years, I find myself in a job that does not allow staff to take holidays off, so Ive been essentially reduced to a spectator from those shooting around me. A change is coming though amd I will be free on the 4th again.
Dave let me apologize for the unfortunate happenings at the shoot site, doesnt cast Toledo as a very good place.

As far as international trucks is concerned dont know anything about them, as one who grew up around trucks they were always either peterbilt or Kenworth, the occasional western star as well.