PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 shoot in/near Athens, Ga soon?

FruitLeups
04-15-2019, 05:49 PM
I met a guy at a car show recently who said he was going to be participating in a 1.3 shoot in Athens, GA soon. He didn't have much time to chat but it sounded like it was a club thing (or maybe just an informal group of people) as opposed to a public event.

Is anyone here familiar with this event and, if so, how might I score an invite?

FWIW, I have been on a display crew once (Pyrotechnico) and I do have an "employee possessor" certificate I can offer as proof.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all might have.

pyroshaun
04-28-2019, 06:14 PM
I met a guy at a car show recently who said he was going to be participating in a 1.3 shoot in Athens, GA soon. He didn't have much time to chat but it sounded like it was a club thing (or maybe just an informal group of people) as opposed to a public event.

Is anyone here familiar with this event and, if so, how might I score an invite?

FWIW, I have been on a display crew once (Pyrotechnico) and I do have an "employee possessor" certificate I can offer as proof.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all might have.

if you are looking to work a display i have a few coming up in that area pm me and i can see about getting you on

FruitLeups
04-30-2019, 05:59 PM
if you are looking to work a display i have a few coming up in that area pm me and i can see about getting you on

I sincerely appreciate the offer, but due to age and back issues, my days as a pyro crew member are over. I did one with Pyrotechnico a few years ago (with Chris Short, in case you know him) and really enjoyed the experience. It's quite the adrenaline rush! But herniated discs and back surgeries have me on perma-light duty now.

What I'm looking to do now is get my Type 54 and then find like-minded others to set up an occasional hobby shoot somewhere within a reasonable driving distance.

shake the cove
05-11-2019, 03:11 PM
If you cannot unpack/repack mortars or racks but can still load shells/e-match them or run wire or just do the go-fer for others let people know. I am 62 yo and no can't walk with 2 racks in each hand and I might load/carry one rack to 3 for the 20 somethings. I am sure pyroshaun and still set you up. I have assisted on some of his shows for over 4 years now.
By the way pyroshaun is Hampton house still on for this year. I have not heard from Charles and J&M on this yet. Am applying for the Alabama Pyrotechnician license but not sure if they will have it to me before the 4th.