PDA

View Full Version : California Border Stop From Nevada

displayfireworks1
04-13-2019, 11:05 PM
California Border Stop From Nevada with fireworks
Here is clip from an attorney radio station I listen to. I think everyone will enjoy this. Its a lesson in Probably Cause" and a lesson in YOU giving permission to the police to search your car, your house , whatever. In this case, it was fireworks. He was coming out of Pharump Nevada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxKDNAFrjrI

Rick_In_Tampa
04-14-2019, 12:34 AM
This sounds pretty fishy to me. The guy calling in to the radio show said he's a retired "city cop." So why would he need to ask a radio DJ what his buddy can do to beat a ticket he received on a search he authorized?? Sorry. Not buying it.

But the overarching point is a valid one. People need to know their rights! Just because a cop tells you to do something doesn't always mean you're required to comply. You Tube is choke full of videos showing how police abuse our rights every day. Just Google "first amendment audit" and see for yourself.

Kenny East
04-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Fireworks weren't involved, but I refused a search of my truck in Jackson Mississippi.... After 2 hours of wasting their time and my own... I let them, they found nothing. Got mad and demanded to know why I didn't let them search it earlier.

I said, I didn't like the first officer's tone... And the fact that he told me he was going to search my truck. I explained, had he asked if he could search my truck instead of telling me he was going to... I probably would have let him.

I brought back a large order of fireworks, from an out of state event... The suv had boxes up to the Windows, we made sure to cover any haz diamonds or other warnings. Out of sight is out of mind! Note the careful placement of the folding chair to block the markings on the top cases.

Bung
04-16-2019, 12:16 PM
Fireworks weren't involved, but I refused a search of my truck in Jackson Mississippi.... After 2 hours of wasting their time and my own... I let them, they found nothing. Got mad and demanded to know why I didn't let them search it earlier.

I said, I didn't like the first officer's tone... And the fact that he told me he was going to search my truck. I explained, had he asked if he could search my truck instead of telling me he was going to... I probably would have let him.

I brought back a large order of fireworks, from an out of state event... The suv had boxes up to the Windows, we made sure to cover any haz diamonds or other warnings. Out of sight is out of mind! Note the careful placement of the folding chair to block the markings on the top cases.

Are the police allowed to search a vehicle with CAT4 at 1.1G and 1.3G?. Over here, the police would be told where they can go.

Kenny East
04-17-2019, 04:36 AM
The fourth amendment to our constitution says no, as long as it's not in a placarded vehicle. Transporting fireworks with a placard while in commerce or not is subject to inspection under our department of transportation.

While we weren't in commerce, I wouldn't want to give law enforcement any extra reasons to stop us and inquire about the fireworks in the suv.

I usually cover my pickups with a blanket that I keep in my van... Out of sight is out of mind.

Mattp
04-18-2019, 02:35 AM

WOW... that chair is like magic... the fireworks just disappeared under it...HAHAHAHA!!!! Yes i agree,, although it may technically be legal.. definitely dont want any extra reason to be stopped!!