PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the (suburbs of) ATL!

FruitLeups
04-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Hi, everyone!

Like probably most everyone here, I have been a pyro junkie for most all of my life. Being a Georgia resident meant that getting my pyro fix was difficult until they finally legalized most 1.4g products were legalized here.

In recent years I've been concentrating on cakes and, more recently, canister shells. Of late, I've taken delivery of a few DR11 racks that I plan to initiate properly this coming 4th. I am always on the lookout for new and interesting effects and reviews on existing products. I'm also quite sure I'll be taking advantage of what I see is a ton of knowledge and experience here.

Other details: I'm an IT Professional by trade and other interests/hobbies include high power rocketry, muscle cars, photography, and ham radio.

Thanks for having me here and I look forward to being a part of this group.

-Glenn

ps - I hope I'm not a jinx. I found another pyro forum before I found this one and it apparently shut down for good the day after I registered. Yikes!

DavidthePyro
04-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Welcome! I just joined recently as well! A bunch of great people on here. Where do you purchase your inventory from? What's your favorite cake? Favorite shell? What are your favorite cars? Any era of cars in particular?

FruitLeups
04-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Welcome! I just joined recently as well! A bunch of great people on here. Where do you purchase your inventory from? What's your favorite cake? Favorite shell? What are your favorite cars? Any era of cars in particular?

Hi, David!

These days I purchase from the two stores close to my home - Ninja Fireworks and Phantom. The prices aren't great most of the time, but when they run sales, the prices are excellent. As a "for instance", if you don't mind springing for 3 boxes, you can get Excals at Phantom here for about $65 apiece right now. And at Ninja, they have several 200g cakes on sale. One that stood out for me was the Dragon Ltd "Fire" repeater which you can get 2 for $10 right now. It's not exactly the best 200g out there, but it's decent and, for $5 each, that's a steal.

My favorite cake? That's a tough question, actually. If you ask me that once a week on an ongoing basis, I'm likely to change my answer every time. Today, I think I'll go with "The Chronic" from Big. For the money, it's got the biggest, highest, loudest breaks that I've seen. Only the few NOABs I've purchased have been better...and they are a LOT pricier.

As to favorite shell...I can only base it on what I've seen on YouTube as I haven't lit any of the ones I've purchased recently. But from what I've seen, last years Death shells seem to be the premier canister out there...though rumor has it that the 2018 versions were overloaded and this years inventory is not as good.

Regarding cars, I'm a fan of most eras, but particular favorites are the 1930's, the 1960's, and modern muscle. For modern stuff, I'm a MOPAR guy through-and-through. For the classics, though, I'm an equal-opportunity admirer. My "dream" muscle car would be a 1967 L88 Corvette.

DavidthePyro
04-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Sounds like you know your products! My brother worked at a restoration garage, one of a few in the country, Packard's, nashes, some caddys, stuff like that. It was amazing to see the huge engine blocks they had, or when he rebuilt a tranny in a Packard Twelve, guy drove it across the country with very little fluid or something along those lines. To say the least it was an expensive fix.

It's tough to decide on favorite products, my opinion shifts rapidly too. I almost need to rate individually and then rank the different repeaters, factoring in price, quality, etc.

topshelfpyro
04-12-2019, 02:20 AM

In my garage, '70 R/T 440 mag with less than 15,000 original miles. I know you said modern muscle but you also said mopar. :)

chriskrc
04-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

FruitLeups
04-12-2019, 02:26 PM

In my garage, '70 R/T 440 mag with less than 15,000 original miles. I know you said modern muscle but you also said mopar. :)

I do love MOPARs of all generations...I'm just not exclusive to MOPAR with regards to the classics.

And that's a sweet R/T! If all numbers matching, that's some serious $$$ you've got there! Congrats!

FruitLeups
04-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

Thanks, Chris!

topshelfpyro
04-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Thx. family heirloom sort of speak. Parents bought new in '70, basically my inheritance lol. sat parked in a garage for 40 years hence the dust.....someday......

FruitLeups
04-13-2019, 12:16 AM
Thx. family heirloom sort of speak. Parents bought new in '70, basically my inheritance lol. sat parked in a garage for 40 years hence the dust.....someday......

Dust? Heck, I just thought that was pollen.

Whereabouts in Georgia are you located, if you don't mind me asking?

Kenny East
04-13-2019, 05:19 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, I too enjoy model rockets... Some high power, but mostly G size and lower.

FruitLeups
04-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk, I too enjoy model rockets... Some high power, but mostly G size and lower.

Thanks, Kenny. I got back into the rocketry in 2010 after a 15 or so year hiatus. Last year I bit the bullet and did my L3 certification and now I can fly up trough "O" motors. I just wish I had the kind of cash to afford flying M/N/O motors more than once a year or so. But until then, I tend to stick to flying F through J stuff.

topshelfpyro
04-15-2019, 04:44 PM
i'm in Cumming. About 45min north of Atl. Yourself?

FruitLeups
04-18-2019, 03:11 AM
i'm in Cumming. About 45min north of Atl. Yourself?

Duluth, actually. And I work in the Suwanee / south Forsyth area.

FruitLeups
04-24-2019, 05:12 PM
So on some older threads here I saw some mentions of some of us Atlanta area folks getting a club started. Did that ever happen and, if so, is it still a thing?

Wholesale Fireworks
04-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk Glenn. We supply a lot of customers in your state. Check us out if you are looking for some different product. We are also the exclusive distributor for the newly released Displayfireworks1 brand. http://www.wfboom.com

displayfireworks1
04-26-2019, 07:50 PM
When I release my Cobra-Con video you will hear from 2 men from Atlanta Georgia I helped get ATF licensed 4 years ago. I interviewed them on video.