PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

Bung
04-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Hello,

I am from the UK (sorry about that) :D. Professional Pyrotechnician, BPA listed Senior Firer (Lead shooter).

Have been into Pro Pyro for over 7 years. Love it and the roar from thousands of spectators makes it worthwhile.

Looking at the possibility of gaining a position within a display company in the US. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say..

Cheers

Bung

Big Worm
04-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Welcome Bung!

displayfireworks1
04-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk forums , it is always nice to hear from professional pyrotechnicians from around the world. I'm sure if you want to leave the United Kingdom and find a position here in United States this may be something that may be possible for you. You picked a good time of year to start your endeavor.

Bung
04-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk forums , it is always nice to hear from professional pyrotechnicians from around the world. I'm sure if you want to leave the United Kingdom and find a position here in United States this may be something that may be possible for you. You picked a good time of year to start your endeavor.

Thank you for your warm welcome. I have been looking around at a number of display companies and have even written, but no replies. There is also the issue of US visas - mainly, from what I think I understand, being that an offer has to be made and that sponsorship must be provided. Tricky and must cost something, which most, I think, would want to avoid, which I can understand. Maybe this is borne from maybe not being aware of what a Senior Firer has under his belt, to bring into a professional display company. Most likely though, is there are plenty of people in the US who want to get into professional pyro and a certain percentage manage to make it to the top, which is where I am right now.
I have watched a number of your videos and enjoy watching and listening to them. It gives me an insight into how you do things in the US. Quite abit different to how I do things in some areas. Not a bad thing as both sides of the record play a good tune, if you get my meaning.
:)

Kenny East
04-10-2019, 05:39 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, yeah you would have to relocate over here. Naturalization isn't too difficult, I have many friends that have done it. But I'm sure given the immigration requirements of today, it would probably be a bit harder.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-11-2019, 02:11 AM
Welcome aboard!!