PDA

View Full Version : Excited to be a part of this, I want to hear from YOU!-- Hudson, OH

DavidthePyro
04-09-2019, 06:57 AM
I am super excited to be a part of this forum, I have been eagerly approaching various wholesalers in hope of getting some direction on planning and purchasing. I just experienced a learning jump after mostly purchasing from pop-up stores. For years, I had no idea of American Fireworks having a wholesale site, and now I'm having that feeling where I want it all(but of course have to be selective) so I've set a budget and I'm preparing orders from various suppliers. If anyone has any "musts" in the 200, 350, and 500 gram cakes, this year I would like to step up slowly-- starting with smaller cakes and possibly shells(tough with the fake ball shells) and building up in the show until I end with a combo of 20-30 cakes. There's so much I have to say, but so much more I have to learn. If anyone has any great advice or experiences with learning that they'd like to share, I'm a great listener and really appreciate all criticism I receive. Thanks for the great platform to Dave, I look forward to future opportunities to learn from, through, and with all of you!

fatcat
04-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Welcome aboard, I'm sure you will enjoy this forum

Big Worm
04-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Welcome! Where are you buying from this year?

PyroJoeNEPA
04-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Dave. There are a ton of videos on the site that will give you lots of ideas. Sit back and enjoy!!!

DavidthePyro
04-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Welcome! Where are you buying from this year?

This year I'm buying from American Fireworks(I work in Hudson) and will be putting my first order ever in at WfBoom. I reached out to Ray/Brett to see if I could have some help with selecting in person. May fill the gaps in my orders with a trip up to Snadusky, but for now I'm sticking with WFBoom and American.

displayfireworks1
04-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the pyrotalk forums as we all enter the 2019 fireworks season here in United States

Robbro097
04-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Im buying all my fireworks this year from American wholesale in large part because of daves AP package and i wanna get to the elite level pricing (they offer theyr platinum level pricing to pyrotalk members 20% off) they also have a diamond additional 10% and elite additional 20% that are based on your combined order history baught mostly from wfboom last year but couldnt help taking advantage of American wholesale 20% discount for pyrotalk members

bigred00
04-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Im buying all my fireworks this year from American wholesale in large part because of daves AP package and i wanna get to the elite level pricing (they offer theyr platinum level pricing to pyrotalk members 20% off) they also have a diamond additional 10% and elite additional 20% that are based on your combined order history baught mostly from wfboom last year but couldnt help taking advantage of American wholesale 20% discount for pyrotalk members

Couldn't but second this. I'm picking up 500lb of product from the local Fedex terminal tomorrow that I had shipped to eastern PA from John at American Wholesale. I chose them specifically as they're part of Dave's Articles Pyrothechnic certification. Plus we get the platinum discount and I actually hit Diamond discount this order so that's another 10% off! That's a lot of boom for a great price!! And you're in Ohio so shipping shouldn't be too crazy either. I spoke to them last Friday and they're closing up the last of their containers in China this week so he'll have a ton more stuff on the list pretty soon.

Robbro097
04-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Being ohio we gotta pick up we aren't allowed to have fireworks shipped but in my case at least im less than an hr away so i just rent a trailer and im off. i dont know if theyv always had the diamond and elite but im happy they do its awesome.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-10-2019, 01:02 AM
Welcome aboard David! I'm originally from Cleveland, but I escaped in 1982. :cool:

Sounds like you're gearing up for a great show this year. There are a number of people on here from Ohio. PyroDan is one. Good people with a lot to offer/share. So feel free to ask any questions you want. Plenty of experience in here to help you out.

Kenny East
04-10-2019, 05:51 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, you're from Ohio... I won't hold it against you... Awf has some solid products, must have cakes are really dependant on your personal taste... Time to do some YouTube shopping research, or attend some demos.... Great way to see if the products match the videos.

DavidthePyro
04-10-2019, 06:46 AM
Welcome aboard David! I'm originally from Cleveland, but I escaped in 1982. :cool:

Sounds like you're gearing up for a great show this year. There are a number of people on here from Ohio. PyroDan is one. Good people with a lot to offer/share. So feel free to ask any questions you want. Plenty of experience in here to help you out.

My brothers both lived in St Pete for a few years, oldest brother got his PhD at USF, seems to be a lot of ohioans in that area now, hahaha! I'm super excited. I was very overwhelmed, Pimpdaddee28 deserves a HUGE SHOUTOUT for helping me. I was getting very overwhelmed and it was translating to a lack of patience and feeling over my head. With his help, I'm actually putting together a list.... finally! Can't wait to go to WFBoom. I've been really looking forward to this year. John at American is kind of like my boss is in Hudson- a local business owner that is well known and respected. Spoke with the son of their operations manager and I'd like to try and get my feet wet professionally after this 4th with them, although clubs sound like the way to go

DavidthePyro
04-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Michigan has a special place in my heart, some of us do give a damn about the whole state of Michigan! How is the purchasing experience in Michigan compared to Ohio/Indiana? Anyone ever go to Sky King? I have a fun little story about that place when I was very little, it all started with that memory for me. But basically. My uncle is my idol/hero. Family is so important to me and he's always been the kind of man I want to be, especially when it comes to pyro. More recently he's stopped purchasing and I've wanted to keep the torch burning in the family. We used to do a very slow show, lighting with punks, but I noticed people get bored and impatient

DavidthePyro
04-10-2019, 07:50 AM
Is the platinum discount easy to get from American Wholesale? Is there a discount code or something? I knew there was a discount, but I didn't realize that it was based on purchase history too. The discounts can be combined?! Wow

Robbro097
04-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Discounts for diamond and elite are done from your total order history. When i got my platinum level i just emailed john and gave him my account name at americanwholesalefireworks and my account name on here day later he emailed me back saying he had switched my account so that all the prices on the site show the 20%.

DavidthePyro
04-10-2019, 05:27 PM
I'll have to reach out to John. He used to give my boss free cases, I'm not sure how the falling out happened, but I'd like to regain him as a customer at work, we will see though. Probably going to stop in there on Friday on my way home, maybe put an order in after browsing. When I went in there last week it seems like I could have brought in my cell phone, but I empty my pockets whenever I go there to be safe.

Kenny East
04-11-2019, 04:48 AM
Michigan has a few years round stores, most are only open near holidays... We're a full consumer legal state now, so any consumer fireworks can be bought and shot up here. None of the paperwork that Ohio and parts of Indiana have... The 24 hour removal agreement.

Never been to sky king, I'm guessing that they are in the East side of Michigan. I usually buy from a few local stores, and a handful of stores in Indiana. Lot's of bigs and world class up here, some winda and Magnus as well.

DavidthePyro
04-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Ohio has abandoned the liars law in some capacity I'm pretty sure, i still have all those stupid forms from back when you had to agree to take them out of state, I think the house passed legalizing. But they're taking their time legalizing to get it right according to John Sorgi. 2020 is "supposed" to be the year that the laws change, but I've seen this many times over the years so I'm not holding my breath. I've been trying to find out more info on the bill, but i can't find anything.

Kenny East
04-13-2019, 05:21 AM
Hopefully Ohio can get full legal, it's definitely nice to be able to shoot consumer without any law enforcement trying to shut it down.

DavidthePyro
04-13-2019, 07:16 AM
No kidding. Whatever they do, I just want them to get it right. If it takes a little more time, that's alright with me, but I'm getting impatient. I wonder if law changes would have a big impact on price (other than the tax increase for local safety officials and all that jargin, which is completely understandable)

pimpdaddee28
04-15-2019, 01:57 PM
Welcome aboard David!! Glad to see another fellow Buckeye pyro!!

I'd recommend 500 gram cakes like Detonator, Haunted Fish, Bragging Rights, Sucker Punch (that's a great cake by Cutting Edge and it's a very cheap one too!!), Honey Badger (I'd get a case of that one if I were you!!) and Patriotic Dominance. There are plenty of other great cakes and other items that American Fireworks sells, but I can't go through all of them off the top of my head, lol. I don't get too many 200 gram cakes, but I've had great experiences with cakes like Simon Summon and Great Expectation (both by Winda).

WF Boom also has great cakes and you can't go wrong with just about all of them. I've demoed a lot of their cakes over the last few years and you can find those demos on my YT channel if you need any help with your WF Boom shopping list.

As for the firework laws, I've been told by several people that it should pass this year, but it's not a 100% lock that it will. Hopefully it will go our way!!

Fire Art
04-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the boards.