PDA

View Full Version : Type 4 Magazine/Enclosed Trailer

ARK_PYRO
04-07-2019, 04:14 PM
I've seen the pictures and videos of "job boxes" being turned into Type 4 magazines. I like this concept for the 50lbs and under. My question is, can these type 4 indoor magazines be kept in a enclosed trailer that has the proper locks and security? I know the orange book says "They need not be weather-resistant if the buildings in which they are stored provide protection from the weather" and it refers to "buildings" a few more times. So do you think this is a no or a gray area that the agent can interpret into a yes?

displayfireworks1
04-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Can you post a picture of the trailer? My guess is if it has wheels and can be easily moved it not going to get approved. I think if we see a picture and its current position it would be helpful.

ARK_PYRO
04-07-2019, 05:34 PM
I will get a picture uploaded later, but its a 16 tandem axel trailer. It is my pyrotrailer that I take on site. So taking the wheels off is not really the way I want to go.

ARK_PYRO
04-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Here it is
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3814&stc=1

displayfireworks1
04-07-2019, 06:14 PM
I'm going to wait until some of the more experienced magazine people comment on this post. My guess is as long as that axle and hitch is on it , it will not pass.

Bazerk
04-08-2019, 12:28 PM
I believe they will make you take the wheels off for sure. Also, would need to make the entire inside non sparking. You will have to change the hinges on the doors as well. Worth looking into though. I know some people you use 18 wheeler trailers as magazines. Not sure what they do to comply though.

ARK_PYRO
04-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Guys, I have cut the idea of using the trailer for storage. I have started a new post name Magazine Location. If you want to comment on that please do. Thanks guys for the help/advise and opinions.