PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on this display setup.

displayfireworks1
04-06-2019, 09:39 PM
Somewhere around the 3rd week in July 2019 I will be posting a video of the setup and firing of all the product listed on the Lynch Imports purchase order. I will be traveling to another state to help a privately held ATF license holder celebrate a private event for one of his family members. He is also a multi-module Cobra user. We will be using the Cobra and quick match for the display.
I have been ask to help setup the display. The plan is to fire at least 2 of the same cakes at the same time from a left and right position. For those familiar with Lynch Import products I am looking for recommendations for the firing order. In particular the Opener , the pre-finale and of course the finale.
I redacted the identifying information from the purchase receipt.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3812&stc=1

joewad
04-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Congrats on 1 hell-of-a purchase order from Lynch, impressive quantity. I always start my shows with their 66 shot Rolling Thunder in 10 secs to get crowd's attention, 1 from each corner (save 2 for later in the show). Anxiety Attack is another good opener as well and it's effect won't get lost with other items going up during show. I enjoy their 2 inch salute canisters as well, close proximity finale of all 3 cases would be great with your 3 cases of Thunder King just preceding them. I've been using your idea of close proximity finales and Thunder Kings for 3 years now (4 cases 4/1 100 shot TKs spaced with 4 of Lidu's 100 shot colorful thunder in between each. 2000 TK salutes in 30 seconds leaves an impression and is always asked for year after year). You've got a few long lasting cakes as well to place in the middle of shw if you have to reload any larger shells.

BMoore
04-08-2019, 12:04 AM
If you don’t already know, Lynch Imports has a YouTube channel that shows all of their products. Last year I used Anxiety Attack to lead into the finale and Rolling thunder to end the show. I wish I had this much product to work with!

shake the cove
05-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Don't forget deadly Omen. It was at their demo also on you tube. Similar Z pattern 65-75 sec run vs 35 sec for Anxiety attack. About 20 bucks cheaper too. Damn which I could drop 6k on a display. I am struggling to keep my expenditures under 1K:D I would dive into the Gold Dust cake and angle the tubes more .It spreads the pattern out and if you shoot 2 cakes leave the second on vertical. it looks stunning. I will have to watch the demo again to make more recommendations.

joewad
05-12-2019, 12:41 AM
For those 3 cases of 2 inch Kylin canister salutes you better have a couple folks dedicated just for getting the fuse untaped from the shell (its pretty secure) and then comes the taping of your lead visco fuse (all 432 times). My fingers are aching just thinking about it. And as stated in private message you better have some muscle and hand trucks when unloading and fielding. From experience, you got some beefy cakes there.

RalphieJ
05-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Wait.....are you throwing all 432 2" salutes up at once? I've seen flash curtains of 72 and 144, which are quite impressive, but 432 would really "make-a the babies a-cry" like the Old Master used to say.

displayfireworks1
05-12-2019, 08:14 PM
I am shooting this show and will be able to explain more after I shoot it and make the video. He ask me what type of canister shells should we put in the mortars? I ask do we have a permit or not? He said we have a permit. Then I said we going to put salutes in all of those mortars I told him.

displayfireworks1
07-04-2019, 06:11 PM
I'm flying out tomorrow to shoot this Pyro for Hire display as listed above. . The display is set for Saturday July 6, 2019 . We will be shooting over $7K of Lynch Import products, this ATF license holder purchased. It is mostly an all 1.3 cake display. It should look like an Lynch Import demo only twice as good and twice as fast, because I am going to fire 2 of everything at the same time on a Cobra System. This gentleman followed my videos over the years, he obtained his ATF Fireworks license and now has his own fireworks magazine. There will also be some of the displayfireworks1 fireworks products in the mix. Or maybe we will just look at the DF1 artwork because I do not think I can compete with this many 1.3 products. LOL He is allowing me to video the entire event for everyone to hopefully enjoy. The display is set for July 6 , 2019. This is not a public display, it is a private display. I may update with a few post on my Facebook over the weekend. Thanks for the suggestions for those that posted.

displayfireworks1
07-14-2019, 06:01 PM
What a great time I had shooting this display just outside of Chicago. This video does not include the display in its entirety, you can at least see some of it and the general setup. I have already been invited back for next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD4S0yHpc18

PyroGyro
07-14-2019, 06:37 PM
I've watched a lot of your videos Dave, and in this one, it's obvious excited you are, like a kid in a candy store. SOunds like this was a fun gig.

PyroGyro
07-14-2019, 07:29 PM
OMG that was the awesome! Watch the video at 56:29, the camera person was looking for cover during the salute finale! Bwhahahahaha!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-14-2019, 08:07 PM
Okay.... I have to ask. Why are you using regular scissors on the quick match and not anvil cutters? Isn't that like a huge no-no?

Crush630
07-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Awesome, invite next year please and thank you