PDA

View Full Version : 'Drop' Fireworks?

wingman
03-28-2019, 11:01 AM
About a year ago, I saw an online ad for an odd type of firework, and I'm trying to remember the name and where I might be able to order them. I believe they were packed about 200 or 300 per box, looked similar to a sparkler but were individually wrapped in red and white striped paper. I believe the effect was magnesium based where you would light one, then drop it and a bright crackling effect went all over the ground. I think the name on the box was something similar to 'Drop Firework'. Anyone who knows what this might be and where I could purchase them online would be appreciated! I suspect it's classified as a novelty?

Robbro097
03-28-2019, 12:53 PM
Idk if this is what you might b talking about or not some1 on here posted a vid the ither day ago called sliders sounds kinda like what u might b talking about if u search sliders on the forums it was started by nwa_fireworks he has vid on theyr

Wholesale Fireworks
03-28-2019, 02:16 PM
Sounds like a magic whip...basically a crackling fuse I know they are packed that way and you have to light it....could be what you are looking for and if you have to light it and it crackles like you describe it IS NOT a novelty item

wingman
03-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Neither Sliders/Twig Bang nor Crackling Whip. These are the length of a sparkler, packed about *300 to a box*, burn like a sparkler when lit, and when a person drops them on the ground either a crackling or snapping effect is produced as the comp scatters on the ground.

wingman
03-28-2019, 07:04 PM
I just remembered: they were called 'Sparkle Pops Drop Sticks', 200 in a box for around $5 or $6. Just ran a search and see it's a Mad Hornet item. Don't know if they are still in production.

cptnding
03-29-2019, 12:08 AM
I just remembered: they were called 'Sparkle Pops Drop Sticks', 200 in a box for around $5 or $6. Just ran a search and see it's a Mad Hornet item. Don't know if they are still in production.

I think Mad Hornet is a Shelton's brand. Might be worth giving them a call.

Kenny East
03-29-2019, 03:27 AM
Sounds like a similar version to these...
https://www.pyrocreations.com/ignition-and-fuse/precut-crackling-fuse-3-inch.html

Kenny East
03-29-2019, 03:33 AM
Not quite the same, just watched a video.... Seem like a sparkler

wingman
03-29-2019, 10:22 AM
I think Mad Hornet is a Shelton's brand. Might be worth giving them a call.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Thanks! Just saw on Sheltons. Will have to give them a call for more info.

Fulliautomatix
03-29-2019, 03:12 PM
There ya go, under the "Fountains" section: http://www.sheltonfireworks.com/catalog_fountains.html