PDA

View Full Version : Joined a club

Kenny East
03-18-2019, 10:46 PM
After a few years tossing over the idea, I finally joined a fireworks club.
Attended a shoot last Saturday, got to meet some new people... Enjoy some display and consumer shooting. And even got some building supplies... It was fun but cold and windy, can't wait for a warmer shoot.

Anyone considering a club, even if you don't join... Go check them out!

PyroJoeNEPA
03-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Words well said Kenny. I have been advising people to look into joining a club for years! Glad you made the move. So many people with so much knowledge to share. Great place to network!

displayfireworks1
03-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Kenny you can do some teaching about shell building

joewad
03-19-2019, 04:24 PM
Congrats on the fun with a meet and greet with a fireworks club. I would enjoy belonging to one as well but the nearest is 4 hours away. You would think that my location near several 1.3 distributors would be prime for a nearby club but none exists that I know of.

hatsgoods
03-19-2019, 04:38 PM
After a few years tossing over the idea, I finally joined a fireworks club.
Attended a shoot last Saturday, got to meet some new people... Enjoy some display and consumer shooting. And even got some building supplies... It was fun but cold and windy, can't wait for a warmer shoot.

Anyone considering a club, even if you don't join... Go check them out!
i will be joining a state club out here in Wisconsin very shortly here in this mid April. its the state's pyro guild club. and my first meeting will be a PGI shooter course. the club requires that to shoot anything 1.3g or homemade. there are a lot of people that i heard about that like to make their own shells too. so im thinking about getting my type 20 to make shells. boy o' boy i cant wait

PyroJoeNEPA
03-20-2019, 09:54 AM
there are a lot of people that i heard about that like to make their own shells too. so im thinking about getting my type 20 to make shells. boy o' boy i cant wait

You do not need a type 20 to build your own shells as a "hobbyist".

Kenny East
03-21-2019, 05:13 AM
Congrats on the fun with a meet and greet with a fireworks club. I would enjoy belonging to one as well but the nearest is 4 hours away. You would think that my location near several 1.3 distributors would be prime for a nearby club but none exists that I know of.

Yeah I drove 3 hours each way for the last shoot, next one is 2.5 hours away... HPA and bluegrass are probably the closest ones for you, but still going to be a drive.

Kenny East
03-21-2019, 05:16 AM
Kenny you can do some teaching about shell building

I'll probably be doing more learning, last shoot they were putting up 10" shells ... I've never done bigger than a 6" I came back from the shoot and started pressing stars and mixing up break charge ... My handful of 3" shells defiantly were outclassed .

nayslayer
03-21-2019, 11:45 AM
I joined a club last year, great time, and meet folks with same interests.

morrison2951
03-21-2019, 03:29 PM
I would want to join one sometime soon- guess the closest to me would be in SC.

Kenny East
03-22-2019, 04:50 AM

Cracker jacks is somewhere down that way, seen some great fireworks shot off in their videos.

jknepp1954
03-22-2019, 10:40 AM

There are a few members from this area who do belong to the Cracker Jacks - but not many. CJ's meeting is twice a years in N. Va. - so still quite a drive.
There is a NC/SC club called "CAROLINAS CLUB". I just recently joined myself - pm me and i will send you contact info if you are interested.