PDA

View Full Version : Plane based firework display at airshow

dirtysouthpyro
03-11-2019, 03:53 PM
I didn't know where to post this video I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I've never seen anything like this before and would love to see how it was put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=valQZEMJBEg

Robbro097
03-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Wow thats freakin awesome right theyr id love to see that live. Have to wonder what that woulda been like for the pilot

displayfireworks1
03-11-2019, 05:36 PM
We are not risky enough to do this in United States, someone will say the laser damaged their air as the plane drove past them. I know Thunder Over Louisville has the fireworks plane, but not to this level. It does look great.

Robbro097
03-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Sadly your right davethi, this appears to be Scandinavia.

shake the cove
03-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Have seen fireworks shot from gliders and propeller driven aircraft. It happens at bigger shows I am guessing almost 10 years now. Much nicer with a glider, you can hear more of the display. By the way the camera picks up the bi-plane ok but you actually cannot see it too dark for our eyes to pick up. Never seen a laser show in the air. I wonder if the FAA would ok it. You did not say where this took place. I am sure it was much cooler in person.

RalphieJ
03-11-2019, 08:55 PM
This is so wrong on so many levels............

Kenny East
03-13-2019, 06:06 AM
Looked way safer than those hot air balloon fireworks setups... Very cool but I'm not for the lasers.

nayslayer
03-15-2019, 03:41 PM
way cool, thanks

Mattp
03-15-2019, 05:16 PM
INSANE!!! That pilot must have a giant pair of brass balls... funny,, lasers and explosive on an airplane.. lol

PyroJoeNEPA
03-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Lasers on an ircraft are not nre. USAF had several BIG water cooled lasers mounted in planes as part of the "star wars defense program" that "didn't get developed"==year, right. One of them is in the boneyard at Davis Montham AFB in Pima AZ. I saw it a couple years ago.
Concerning the lasers on a plane here for a fireworks show---I doubt the FAA would ever give it a green flag. Too much possibility for an accident where someone gets a burned retina from a laser sweeping the audience where it shouldn't be.
Pyro on an aircraft is cool. Japan has used pyro on RC aircraft for a couple years--Dave, I think tou have a video clip of those "birds" in a Japanese show.....and the Chinese have been using large octal rotor drones for one shot comets & gerbs for a couple years now.

chriskrc
03-16-2019, 09:34 AM
That was truly Amazing