PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Arizona

Oggystyle08
03-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone. New member from az here.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-07-2019, 12:36 AM
How do Oggy!! Welcome to Pyrotalk. Tell us a little about you.

Kenny East
03-07-2019, 06:36 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, consumer legal state?

chriskrc
03-07-2019, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

Wholesale Fireworks
03-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the Forum. This is a great time to get in as everyone is getting ready for the 4th. Lost of great ideas and photos coming.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Wish we had some of that warm AZ weather here in PA right now!!!

Oggystyle08
03-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, consumer legal state?

No Arizona only allows ground fireworks. But we do host winter blast in lake havasu city. So76 put on an awesome show this year.

Oggystyle08
03-07-2019, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Rick_In_Tampa;56413]How do Oggy!! Welcome to Pyrotalk. Tell us a little about you.[/QUOTE
Alittle about myself. I'm fairly new to aerial fireworks. I've watched all of Dave's videos and have learned a lot from them. I have worked a couple professional displays with a company out of Utah. Im Trying to get more involved with the hobby and move forward. I'm finding it hard to get info from people here, it seems like no one wants to help you here in az. I wish I could do more here but since az doesn't allow aerial so i'm stuck with what I have. I love fireworks and so I'll keep digging for info going to the events I can hopefully it will pay off.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-10-2019, 04:29 AM
Have you joined PGI? The convention this year is in Wyoming, and it's their 50th anniversary convention. SO76 puts on multiple displays and they're always looking for help to set them up. There are other 1.4 and 1.3 displays and classes and seminars. So if you're looking for training and/or info, that would be a great place to start. (Besides here of course!!)

Oggystyle08
03-11-2019, 06:02 PM
I have not joined pgi I have looked at alot of there seminars and it seems like they cover more of the east coast?

Rick_In_Tampa
03-12-2019, 01:34 AM
Actually, no. There are organizations that offer "PGI certification" training, but it's not the PGI that's doing the training. (Hope that makes sense). If you want to attend the annual conference you can sign up for their "Display Operator" course. It's an all-day course and if you pass the end of course test, you'll be one step closer to being certified. I'll attach a link to last years convention schedule so you can see what is offered at the convention. http://www.pgi.org/files/2018/2018-Daily-Schedule.pdf If you want more info you can browse the links on their convention site. http://www.pgi.org/convention/2018/

Let me know if I can help in any way.

As for "who they cover"... I was told at the last convention that the geographical center of the PGI membership is actually Wyoming. That's why most of the conventions are held on the west coast.