PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Camcorder Recommendations?

PyroManiacs
03-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Since every year technology keeps getting better a cheaper, has anyone come across a newer camcorder around the $500 range suitable for filming displays. It can have a built in/external mic or not. If anything, I just want a good picture. Not too worried about sound too much as I would utilize the Zoom H4N Pro to tackle that job if it came down to it. Thanks in advance.

hatsgoods
03-02-2019, 12:10 AM
i would recommend anything from Panasonic my 2 main cams are that and are about 250 300 dollar range and i love them both

shake the cove
03-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Firecat8 on you tube records a lot of demo's and events but not sure what he uses. They seem to be of good quality. He does record Casabella and the Lynch Imports demo's and i use these to review what product to purchase.
Thanks Firecat
He is probably on this site but don't know what he goes under for name.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-03-2019, 02:07 AM
I'll be honest, I picked up a GoPro Hero 5 Session last year and it worked great. I used it to tape my show and I took it to PGI to tape the events there too. Nice wide angle lens and clear picture. I also used a SONY Handicam to tape some things. It has a great firework feature mode and it takes great pictures/videos. Problem is, you can't get the show in from bottom to top like the GoPro. But if you're good at video editing, you can use both and do a picture in picture thing.